Tomomi Itano to graduate from AKB48 this year (or, The "Minami-Minegishi-MUST-Stay-Celibate" Thread)

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Meaning all the countries that happen to have a history of objectifying and exploiting people?

China and their Olympic Children, Taiwan and their inhuman labour conditions, South Korea and human trafficking, Singapore and the ban on homosexual relations between men, Indonesia and their excessive use of force againts protesters of all sorts?

Yeah, that makes sense.
It just seems you don't like Southeast Asia...to me. I love idol groups And each one is different from the other, like SDN48 (yes, it was a member of the 48 family) but it was different, the women acted sexual. But they didn't last long, it was sad when they had their group graduation, I was glad when they returned at Request Hour to perform Kodoku na Runner.
"Idol group"?

It sounds like you misspelled "musical cult".
The same can be said of American female pop artists, most are overly sexual. Idol groups are just the opposite.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It just seems you don't like Southeast Asia...to me. I love idol groups And each one is different from the other, like SDN48 (yes, it was a member of the 48 family) but it was different, the women acted sexual. But they didn't last long, it was sad when they had their group graduation, I was glad when they returned at Request Hour to perform Kodoku na Runner.
I have nothing againts Southeast Asia - they farm my gold for Lineage 2! </crude joke>

Seriously though, I'm just againts unfair, inhuman treatment. When I see that something smells nasty, I'm not going to say it smells of daisies in here, I'm going to call a group out on it because it's wrong.

"When one teenage girl shaves her head it is a tragedy, when thousands shave it's statistics" ~Joseph Stalin

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have nothing againts Southeast Asia - they farm my gold for Lineage 2! </crude joke>

Seriously though, I'm just againts unfair, inhuman treatment. When I see that something smells nasty, I'm not going to say it smells of daisies in here, I'm going to call a group out on it because it's wrong.
Well, I'm just saying Minami wasn't forced to do anything! And I hope Tomo-chin stays until after the August single, but I know she'll probably graduate before it.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The same can be said of American female pop artists, most are overly sexual. Idol groups are just the opposite.
Out of their own choice, they want to be that way. They're not mentally forced via Peer Pressure to be that way. Perhaps they are motivated by the general trends, but nobody's standing above their heads, all high-and-mighty holding a book of rules to follow.
Well, I'm just saying Minami wasn't forced to do anything!
Peer Pressure.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes, contractually forcing women to never have sex ever (even if it's with a longtime partner) is totally comparable.

Oh wait, it isn't. At all.

Seriously, smile, you're a big proponent for gay rights. So what, does a person's right to love whomever they choose end as soon as they pick up a microphone and get on stage?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Seriously, smile, you're a big proponent for gay rights. So what, does a person's right to love whomever they choose end as soon as they pick up a microphone and get on stage?
That's what I want to know too. For a liberal, you're pretty freaking strict with this. Golden Threads Strict, I may add.

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, contractually forcing women to never have sex ever (even if it's with a longtime partner) is totally comparable.

Oh wait, it isn't. At all.

Firsat off most of these girls join at 14 and 15, some younger, I don't foresee them finding a partner that young. Plus this is really just business, as their image affects the company, do I believe in gay rights, of course. Do I believe all idols should be pure, no I don't. However, each group makes their own rules, it's like if I join a group or team, they have rules & regulations to follow.

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That's what I want to know too. For a liberal, you're pretty freaking strict with this. Golden Threads Strict, I may add.
I'm a liberal and an otaku! Yes, I say it with pride, even though many consider it a bad word to use to describe yourself.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Firsat off most of these girls join at 14 and 15, some younger, I don't foresee them finding a partner that young.
Why? Who are they to tell them what to do with their love life?
Plus this is really just business, as their image affects the company, do I believe in gay rights, of course.
So it's okay to sell your soul as a 14-year old? It's okay to sign a contract with the devil that you'll never ever fall in love? That's acceptable?
Do I believe all idols should be pure, no I don't. However, each group makes their own rules, it's like if I join a group or team, they have rules & regulations to follow.
Rules and regulations that are connected with your work, not your personal life, man.

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Why? Who are they to tell them what to do with their love life?
So it's okay to sell your soul as a 14-year old? It's okay to sign a contract with the devil that you'll never ever fall in love? That's acceptable?
Rules and regulations that are connected with your work, not your personal life, man.
No, not forever just until they chose to graduate be it 18-25.Nah, even in America "the land of the free" (bullshit), companies can sometimes regulate your personal life, like the smoker case.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No, not forever just until they chose to graduate be it 18-25.Nah, even in America "the land of the free" (bullshit), companies can sometimes regulate your personal life, like the smoker case.
When it directly affects your performance at work. Having sex does not affect your performance at work, smile. If it does, it probably improves it as much as it improves your mood. Seriously.

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
When it directly affects your performance at work. Having sex does not affect your performance at work, smile. If it does, it probably improves it as much as it improves your mood. Seriously.
In this case, it affects it negatively because it will enrage some of the fans of the group who then might stop buying their CDs.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
In this case, it affects it negatively because it will enrage some of the fans of the group who then might stop buying their CDs.
It's not their business. They shouldn't even know. What happens in the bedroom should stay in the bedroom, the rumour mill turns even without them breaking rules. Besides, you don't know that - it might as well improve sales.

Whatever, I stated my case. This is incredibly uncool to say the least.

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not their business. They shouldn't even know. Besides, you don't know that - it might as well improve sales.

Whatever, I stated my case. This is incredibly uncool to say the least.
Only with certain groups, in AKB48's case it will more than likely hurt. Scandals never improve an idols career.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Firsat off most of these girls join at 14 and 15, some younger, I don't foresee them finding a partner that young.

Whatever the case may be, that's for the individual (and their parents) to decide. You don't see a company dictating the course of a person's love life as, you know, an extreme violation of personal fucking privacy? You know, just a little bit.

Plus this is really just business, as their image affects the company,

"Fuck personal privacy and human dignity, honey, you've got a brand to represent." Lovely.

However, each group makes their own rules, it's like if I join a group or team, they have rules & regulations to follow.

The issue isn't that groups can have set rules and regulations; the problem (which you don't seem to grasp) is that these rules cross a boundary and violate a person's privacy in an extremely disturbing manner.

"the land of the free" (bullshit)

Woah, guys, stand back, we've got a real rebel on our hands.

like the smoker case.

Except smoking is a public health concern. You know, second hand smoke and all. While it may be contestable, at least there's an understandable, reasonable justification there. As far as I know, "second hand sex" isn't doesn't exist - barring the easy masturbation joke.

I'm sorry, but who the fuck doesn't buy an artist's work because they have consenting sex with a partner, and why the fuck are they being catered to?

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Some people BUILD careers on scandals *cough cough* Paris Hilton, Lady Gaga *cough cough* but whatever you say, you're the expert in Pop.
America, America. Not Japan. Countries are different. I am not the expert of Pop. Yes, I know you're probably being sarcastic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hello everyone