1. ebflover777

OP ebflover777 Pheonix from the Ashes

United States
    Would it be possible to replace the Synth with VOCALOID or, if desperate, UTAU?
    Since VOCALOIDs like Yohioloid, Luka, Al, Kaito, and the like all have English voicebanks, I figured that would be possible, albeit frustrating. If I could do this, where would I start?

2. StrayGuitarist

StrayGuitarist A genuine feline disaster.

United States
    If I'm not mistaken, Tomodachi Life uses individual samples for each syllable in the English language, with maybe 1-2 variants, then has an engine that modifies the timbre in real time. I don't think it's possible to incorporate a whole new voice synthesis system into it without basically remaking the game from scratch, and if you were to do that, you could probably just make a better version of the game.

3. KokoseiJ

KokoseiJ GBAtemp VOCALOID Enthusiast

Korea, South
    If the guy above was right, you could record all the sounds with vocaloid(If you have one), and somehow replace the sound with it.

Which will still not work well because tomodachi's synthesizer will change its tone, which is the main difference between VOCALOID/VOICEROID engine and tomodachi's engine.

VOCALOID/VOICELOID engine makes text to sound using voicebank, while Tomodachi does the same thing but while simulating multiple voices with one set of sample. It tweaks the sample so it could make multiple voices. in vocaloid, you use new voicebank to change the voice. That's the main difference between them, and also the reason why it would be difficult or impossible.

It would be nice to see tomodachi life with vocaloid voices, but It would be easier to completely make a similar game from scratch.

btw I haven't heard vocaloid named AI- maybe you meant IA?

StrayGuitarist likes this.
  4. ebflover777

OP ebflover777 Pheonix from the Ashes

United States
    Oh, thank you for the feedback! Maybe when I get enough knowledge on programming, I can remake it from scratch. When it comes to what I meant by "Al," I meant Big Al. His voice is a little choppy, but that can be fixed by fading the ending consonants.

5. StrayGuitarist

StrayGuitarist A genuine feline disaster.

United States
    Girl. I'm not a guy, lol.

But honestly, I'm sorta surprised there's no successor or spiritual successor to Tomodachi Life at all. It's got a lot of flaws that, if fixed, would make the game amazing, but nobody's made anything like it.

6. KokoseiJ

KokoseiJ GBAtemp VOCALOID Enthusiast

Korea, South
    oops, Sorry mate

StrayGuitarist likes this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Replacement, Synthesizer, Tomodachi