Tomodachi Life Save Corrupted. Any way to fix?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by mary1517, Aug 24, 2015.

1. mary1517
    OP

mary1517 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    Poland
    I got myself Tomodachi Life for the 3DS the other day. I bought it used, but the seller told me the game was only used as a in-store demo unit and is 100% ok. I got the cartridge, the box, all the stuff.

But to the point.

When I try to play the game, the first thing I see on the screen is a notification, that the save file is corrupted and will be deleted. This happened the first time I played the game and it's happening every single time I try to save after making a new file. The game doesn't give any error while saving.

What I tried so far, nothing helped:
    I played the game on a 3DS, 3DS XL and n3DS, The problem shows on every console.
    I formated my systems SD card clean. Tried with 2 SD cards.
    Remove the saved data completely with A+B+X+Y and start a new save.
    I downloaded the patch for this game from e-shop.
    Checked if the cartridge was fake or faulty - everything looks ok and legit.
    Import the save from the demo version. It imports the save, I can play the game, I can save the game, but after I turn it off and on again, the save is still corrupted...

Any suggestions what to try? Is it even possible to fix a error like this on a cartridge?
    EDIT: Oh, I forgot... It's PAL version and no, I didn't attempt any hacking, save dongling or anything like that. My consoles are all newest soft, never modded nor hacked.

2. xdarkmario

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    sounds like a Faulty SPI chip, if thats the case theres nothing you can do about that. if its possible you may want to get a refund.