Tommorow 360 Time is it safe?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by GBA_Temper, Oct 27, 2008.

Oct 27, 2008
  1. GBA_Temper
    OP

Member GBA_Temper *KING OF GBATEMP*

United States
    I am getting a modded Xbox 360 Tommorow Morning I was wondering while im testing it out what should I be looking for...The lady told me it has a 120Gb Hd with 2 wireless controllers and 1 wireless headset. And it comes with 5 Games, HDMI Cable,and PowerBrick. ...I was wondering what should I be looking for while im testing it out??

2. Dingler

Member Dingler GBAtemp Fan

Denmark
    If it's banned on XBL and wether or not the warenty seal has been broken.

3. GBA_Temper
    OP

United States
    how do I know if its banned from xbox live... I need to sign in right... She told me it was steal basically brand new

4. jaxxster

Member jaxxster The Heretic

United Kingdom
    if its modded then chances are the warranty seal might be broken, Only major worry if its been banned from xbox live and youve got a chance it could RROD. Also did you ask what firmware and drive it has?

5. GBA_Temper
    OP

United States
    Ok I got it today .. and it works perfect..how do I check firmware..The guy said he dont have internet..Plus the seal is still intact..he said his homie modded it without opening it up..It plays backup games because I am playing ninja gaiden 2

6. cardyology

Member cardyology GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    How did he mod it without opening it?

More likely he used hot air to remove the sticker intact or bought a replacement warranty sticker & stuck it on.

Dont think its possible to mod without popping the case. unless you've got some crazy mad keyhole electronics skillz [​IMG]

7. AshuraZro

Member AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Canada
    It has to have been opened, but as long as the warranty sticker is fine it doesn't really matter.

I kept mine in good condition but I scratched the back up pretty good so it's damn obvious I opened it (but that in itself is not proof enough!).

8. eliter1

Newcomer eliter1 Member

United States
    If the Xbox is modded, it was opened, there is no way to do it without doing so.
    About checking your firmware, I think the only way to check is to connect the drive to a computer and dump the firmware but don't hold me to that.

9. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

United States
    That's the only way pretty much.

10. eliter1

Newcomer eliter1 Member

United States
    I am new to the 360 mod scene and am sending my 360 to get flashed tomorrow. From what I have read, Firmware iXtreme 1.4 only allows you to play games with a stealth patch which prevents M$ from banning you.(at least for now) As far as I can tell this is the only Firmware that does it. THis might sound a little risky but if you downloaded a game that did not have the stealth patch and tried to play it you could find out if you have iXtreme 1.4.
    PLEASE [​IMG] don't do this without the advice from other people because like I said I am new to this and all I know I have learned in the past 4 or 5 days [​IMG]