Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE story trailer

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by Chary, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Chary
    OP

Chary Never sleeps

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States

Nintendo and Atlus' Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensei crossover game, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE received an English story trailer today. The game is due out in North America and Europe on Nintendo Wii U on June 24, 2016.

TheKawaiiDesu, kbmarinha and Scarlet like this.

2. Scarlet

Scarlet Phone Charm

GBAtemp Patron
    Scarlet is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Middleish North-Right
    I keep seeing this game get slated, but I'm actually quite looking forward to it. Had a cheeky play of the Japoon version and while I couldn't read any text, the game was pretty and the battle system was fun. So hey, here's hoping it lives up to expectations!

3. Glyptofane

Glyptofane GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 12, 2009
    United States
    Reviews are actually pretty solid, with some going as far as to call it "Persona 4.5 lite".

4. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I hope there isn't too much singing in this game, I can't help but think sega name should be on the game as well and somehow hidden a hatsune miku reference.:mellow:

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight, Jun 1, 2016
    reymas101 likes this.
  5. BurningDesire

BurningDesire GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    Behind a screen reading news
    Anime was a mistake: The Game

I really want this tbh xD

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

There is a lot. Here is My fave list
    It ain't all waifus

Splatoon is a conspiracy

Give me more of this bb

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

We also can't forget

Fire Emblem: A Disney musical

6. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    A lot of singing? Like disney production quality but in anime form for videogames? I dunno much about the features of te game and i still wonder why they didn't get english voice cast, but i hope it doesn't disappoint anyone who are fans of those games.

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight, Jun 1, 2016
    BurningDesire likes this.
  7. BurningDesire

BurningDesire GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    Behind a screen reading news
    I am really thankful they didn't because if they did we wouldn't have

FIAAAAAAAAAA EMBRRUUUUUUUMMMMMM the musical

nxwing likes this.
  8. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I just personally feel more invested in the story when characters talk, we live in modern day technology where we shouldn't be limited to reading text the whole time to just understand something that can be explained. Also if the budget for production is what they used to get presentation of games appeal to look good, then use all of it.

Is not like before when you couldn't add 40 hours of voiced script instead read long dialouge boxes to save data on disc.

BurningDesire likes this.
  9. Supster131

Supster131 (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    My Computer
    I was planning on buying the game... but a lot of things are being censored, and I mean a lot. Even one piece of DLC is being excluded from the Western version of the game.

I'm hoping people (if not, I'll do it myself), copy over the English text from the Western release to the Japanese version of the game. I want to play the game the way it's meant to be played.

10. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    This is still in development? I remember my fiancee preordering it... Uhh... Before Fallout 4... Definitely before MGS V... Before it was called "Tokyo Mirage"... How long has it been? I really can't recall.

11. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    It has been sometime, but to be honest there been almost no marketing for this game, even nintendo has very few videos of the game on there, the most recent being the one chary posted and the one when the radio host explains how to play the game.

Other than that, a youtube channel called censored gaming which i subscribed to has been announcing all the censorship changes made to the english localization of the game which had more videos than nintendo shop does.

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight, Jun 2, 2016
  12. RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Even if it was as simple as copy+pasting text from one game to another, how are you so sure the text/story wasnt censored either?

Nothing can be trusted from NoA anymore, better to just import all the affected games until it stops (probably wont ever stop.)
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

13. GuyInDogSuit

GuyInDogSuit I ain't your pa.

Aug 1, 2008
    United States
    Antelope, CA
    How long has this been in development? They changed the name? I heard about this like two years ago.

14. SSG Vegeta

SSG Vegeta GBAtemp Fan

Jul 25, 2013
    United States
    So interesting what so important that can't be shown here in the US bro got any details :)

15. Glyptofane

Glyptofane GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 12, 2009
    United States
    Panties, cleavage, and the complete removal of the hot springs DLC at the very least. There could be more.

While any censorship is disappointing and unfortunate, I still plan on buying the game as I could never get the Japanese version running with Loadiine on 5.5.1 and don't really want to wait around for the US version to be fixed.

16. keven3477

keven3477 Fresh Prince of Lemonade

Jul 12, 2012
    United States
    Somwhere you can never find.
    I am interested in getting this but the whole idol and singing is going to make me look weird if my family catches me playing on the wrong moment, Just like every other game i get caught playing on the wrong moment.

17. FireEmblemGuy

FireEmblemGuy Celebrating a decade of shitposting

Jul 6, 2007
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    It's a shame that the battle system looks close to standard SMT/Persona fare; it's the only thing left to like about the game. It's hardly a SMT or FE game in any other sense, and this whole musical-themed Performa nonsense mixed with a bunch of shitty Jpop isn't something I can deal with for 30-50 hours. I'm just disappointed that the original SMTxFE announcement was half of what sold me on a Wii U, and the other half's launching on the NX at the same time.

Usually I'd say that boycotting a game on the basis of petty censorship such as skimpy outfits, etc. is silly, but on the other hand they excused the lack of English voices by saying they wanted it to retain the Japanese authenticity and then removed parts that were too Japanese for Western audiences, and then still decided that it wasn't better off as a $50 title even after lackluster Japanese reception.

18. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Tell them is hatsune miku subsitute backup replacement.:creep:

keven3477 likes this.
  19. Supster131

Supster131 (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    My Computer
    How so? If that were the case, then sure, maybe some minor modification to the text will be needed, but other than that, I don't really mind if it's just a copy and paste. The only thing that'll really need to be translated is the DLC that won't be released in America.

20. RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    I'm cool with that if someone was able to read the Japanese version and compare with the US release to make it as faithful as possible. Most of the work will be done, it will just be a matter of correcting the "corrections" made during localization.

Even though I could backup my copy and play through Loadiine theres no way to play that DLC since theres no way to play with DLC. I'd totally pay for it too if it werent for the damn region locking.