Hacking Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE restoration

IcySon55

Leader of Fan Translators International
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Really? Well that's lame. Thanks I guess.
Really all you need to do is get another dump and then use the update button on your existing files and point at the new dump for the originals. And only patch the messages file. Should be fine after that.

Yolox

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello, I just installed this and everything seems to be working perfectly, except for Kiria's Concert, I got the normal video with the ugly pants, lol. Do I need to repatch it or something?

Yolox

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello, I just installed this and everything seems to be working perfectly, except for Kiria's Concert, I got the normal video with the ugly pants, lol. Do I need to repatch it or something?

Floflo81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The "ugly pants" are also present in the Japanese version of the game. In fact the original outfit that was shown in some promotional videos was never present in any released version of the game.
So there is no way to get that outfit back.

Yolox

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The "ugly pants" are also present in the Japanese version of the game. In fact the original outfit that was shown in some promotional videos was never present in any released version of the game.
So there is no way to get that outfit back.
I see, thanks for the info. I really didn't want to repatch it, lol.

batmanscape87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think I'll get around to patching the game as I really don't mind the censorship but I think the community support and hard work is awesome!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've got another question.
Cyan wrote in his opening post about Loadiine GX 2 that mods could be handled like updates.
Cyan said:
Loadiine version 0.3 allows you to keep your game's folder clean and install updates or mods in different folders.
It will also allow you to keep multiple updates or game mods and select the one you want to launch.
Create a folder named "updates" in your game's folder.
Create a new folder for each update version, for example:
mario kart 8 [AMKP01]/updates/v16/
mario kart 8 [AMKP01]/updates/v64/
and copy the corresponding code/content/meta folders inside.
So ... wouldn't it be easier to release zip files containing what is needed to place it in the updates folder?
Code:
SD:\wiiu\games\Tokyo...\updates\r1.1
for example

IcySon55

Leader of Fan Translators International
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've got another question.
Cyan wrote in his opening post about Loadiine GX 2 that mods could be handled like updates.

So ... wouldn't it be easier to release zip files containing what is needed to place it in the updates folder?
Code:
for example
Sounds like an interesting way to run the game. I'm sure we wouldn't release the files as is since they're much bigger than the xdelta patch files. However, the patcher could place the patched files in an updates folder by version like you suggested.
What could also be done is to support languages via the updates metaphor as well.
Code:
SD:\wiiu\games\Tokyo...\updates\r1.1_german

Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sounds like an interesting way to run the game. I'm sure we wouldn't release the files as is since they're much bigger than the xdelta patch files. However, the patcher could place the patched files in an updates folder by version like you suggested.
What could also be done is to support languages via the updates metaphor as well.
Code:
SD:\wiiu\games\Tokyo...\updates\r1.1_german
That would be fantastic! I'd prefer handling it this way.

valandil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I found the following spelling errors in Maiko's first side story, I'm on chapter 2 intermission. Itsuki's name is switching the "i" and the "k" at the end and "help" has double "h". Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_3854.JPG
    IMG_3854.JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 343
Last edited by valandil,

Baphomet

Homebrew Justice Warrior™
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Hey guys, I found the following spelling errors in Maiko's first side story, I'm on chapter 2 intermission. Itsuki's name is switching the "i" and the "k" at the end and "help" has double "h". Cheers!
Pretty sure this is intentional. ;)

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
OP
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
We have received lots of reports of that part.
Short answer: it's intentional.
Long answer: Maiko is drunk and thus can't text correctly.
And on top of that we didn't touched any of the topics, wasn't necessary.

Stein&Recline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*sigh* did another dump of my copy to make sure that wasn't the problem. Patcher still just moves the files to the original folder without changing or replacing anything. Any options I can take?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
One downside with this arrangement is that it takes nearly double the space on your SD card.
Yep. But I've got my Wii U "collection" on my PC. There I'm keeping the games in their original state with updates (and mods) in separate folders.
When moving to SD for daily use I prepare an already "updated" (or with mod files overwritten) folder.

valandil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure this is intentional. ;)

We have received lots of reports of that part.
Short answer: it's intentional.
Long answer: Maiko is drunk and thus can't text correctly.
And on top of that we didn't touched any of the topics, wasn't necessary.

You guys are right and it makes total sense from the story perspective. Thanks and sorry for the false alarm.

Donkusei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Q: Is the hotsprings DLC playable with this patch?
A: No, that content is exclusive of the JP version and there isn't a way to load it in the western versions.

For now or for ever? Can we hope for it, one day?

Last edited by Donkusei,

Sn0wCrack

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
*sigh* did another dump of my copy to make sure that wasn't the problem. Patcher still just moves the files to the original folder without changing or replacing anything. Any options I can take?

Are you sure it didn't do anything? Did you run the md5 sum checker (the file icon with a tick) on the output files?
Do you have all the xdelta files and latest version of the patcher?

Q: Is the hotsprings DLC playable with this patch?
A: No, that content is exclusive of the JP version and there isn't a way to load it in the western versions.

For now or for ever? Can we hope for it, one day?
We're able to translate and impliment the part of the game that is run when you get into the event. However DLC can't be used cross region or without you having purchased it on your Wii U. Unless Wii U DLC becomes piratable (perhaps with an IOSU hack), then the answer will be no, we can't do anything.

Donkusei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
We're able to translate and impliment the part of the game that is run when you get into the event. However DLC can't be used cross region or without you having purchased it on your Wii U. Unless Wii U DLC becomes piratable (perhaps with an IOSU hack), then the answer will be no, we can't do anything.
Thank you for your answer. I knew about DLC limitations but my minds were more "if one day we can use DLC cross-region without installation in Wii U". I don't know how it works so maybe that's definitively impossible but it seems something we could do.

I asked it a few pages ago but, could we get a patch for Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water? As you probably know, the game is censored in US and PAL regions with Nintendo costumes instead of original costumes. It would be great to get this. :)

Last edited by Donkusei,

Azel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Unless Wii U DLC becomes piratable (perhaps with an IOSU hack), then the answer will be no, we can't do anything.
I read that if you edit loadiine's source to remove the checking part/limitation and compile it, you can load any DLC.

Lukandon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I asked it a few pages ago but, could we get a patch for Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water? As you probably know, the game is censored in US and PAL regions with Nintendo costumes instead of original costumes. It would be great to get this. :)
I think I remember reading somewhere that the Nintendo costumes were in the Japanese version already. Ergo, the lingerie costumes were just removed.
It's not as big a deal as the recent Fire Emblem games, that's probably why Fatal Frame wasn't patched to put the costumes back in.

Reactions: Trine and Azel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.