Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Reincarnation
Version 1.2

cUf94jd.jpg

(You are able to check the patch version you currently have in the title screen, as shown above.)​

We strongly recommend applying the patch to files located on your hard drive to speed up the patching process.
Please do not apply the patch to a game on your SD card, this can cause space and speed issue and cause corruption of your game files.

Make sure to check the FAQ section below for more details, as well as the two below tutorials for more information.

Here is a video tutorial explaining how to apply the patch (thanks Darkness5539)

@Cyan's Step-by-Step Guide to dump (copy the disc to your computer), patch and play the game.

Step by step guide to dump, patch and play Tokyo Mirage Session #FE

SD card preparation:
- format your SD card to FAT32
- create a "wiiu" folder on your SD card.
- in the "wiiu" folder, create a "apps" folder.
- in the "wiiu" folder, create a "games" folder.
- in the "games" folder, create a new folder and name it "Tokyo Mirage Session FE Restoration [ASEP01]" if your game is European or Australian
- in the "games" folder, create a new folder and name it "Tokyo Mirage Session FE Restoration [ASEE01]" if your game is North American

You should have these two empty folders on your SD card now:

sd:/wiiu/apps/
sd:/wiiu/games/Tokyo Mirage Session FE Restoration [ASE_01]/ (the _ position is either E or P based on your game region)

Putting the files on the SD card:
Homebrew launcher
- Download the Homebrew launcher (click on "homebrew_launcher.v1.2_RC3.zip")
- extract the downloaded zip to your SD card
sd:/wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/ will contain 3 files.

Loadiine
- Download the latest Loadiine GX2 (click on "loadiine_gx2_0dffac5.zip")(or any new release)
- extract the downloaded zip to your SD card:
sd:/wiiu/apps/loadiine_gx2/ will contain 3 files.

ddd
- Download the latest ddd (click on "ddd.v0.3.zip")
- extract the downloaded zip to your SD card:
sd:/wiiu/apps/ddd/ will contain 3 files.

DONE !

Launching the homebrew:
- insert your SD card into your WiiU
- launch the web browser
- go to http://wiiubru.com

The homebrew launcher will be loaded and you can see loadiine and DDD on your screen.
if the console freezes, unplug the power cord and try again.

Dumping your game to computer:
That's the hardest step in all this guide.

- Download the ddd "Title dumper" for your operating system (windows, mac or linux). you know what to click, right?
- extract to a folder on your computer.
- read the "usage" and "examples" sections in the release thread : https://gbatemp.net/threads/ddd-wiiu-title-dumper.418492/
That's probably the hardest to do : learn how to run a command line and know what text to write.
you probably want this command to copy the game to your c:/wiiU/ISO/TMS folder :
Code:
titledumper.exe /vol "C:/WiiU/ISO/TMS/"

- insert your game disc in your wiiU
- launch ddd from the homebrew launcher
- Enter the local IP of your computer (192.168.1.x or 0.0.10.x or something like that, NOT your internet IP)
- the game will launch and the dump (copy process) will start while the game is paused on the boot screen. It will take a little more than 3H00
- when the game is fully dumped/copied to your computer, the game will start normally.
- when you can, press Home button and wait 30 seconds until the meta files are dumped.
- exit the game, reboot or shutdown your WiiU to clear all traces of homebrew from your console.
- shutdown the program on your computer.

Patching the game files
- Download the patcher
- Follow the patcher instructions (read the readme.txt)
It will be something like that:
- Launch the patcher and press the "Patch" button located in the bottom left of the program.
- It will ask you to find your TMS folder, find and select the folder contain your copy's code, content and meta folders.
- You'll get your game patched and a folder with the original (unpatched) files, this is located in your "TMS/content/Pack" folder in a folder called "original", keep these unpatched original files because they will be needed if a new patch version is released.

Placing the game on SD card
- Go to your sd card, wiiu folder, and games folder.
- Go Inside the "Tokyo Mirage Session FE Restoration [ASEx01]" folder you created on Step 1.
- Copy the three "code" "content" and "meta" folders located on your computer (the one you patched!) into the folder on your SD card.

sd:/wiiu/games/Tokyo Mirage Session FE Restoration [ASEP01]/
sd:/wiiu/games/Tokyo Mirage Session FE Restoration [ASEP01]/code/
sd:/wiiu/games/Tokyo Mirage Session FE Restoration [ASEP01]/content/
sd:/wiiu/games/Tokyo Mirage Session FE Restoration [ASEP01]/meta/

Attention : if your game region is American, use "[ASEE01]" instead.

Launching the game
- Put the SD on wiiu
- launch your web browser and visit http://wiiubru.com
- select Loadiine GX2 from the homebrew launcher
- select the game and double-click or press A to launch it.

Note that this guide doesn't explain how to use DLC.
you'll need more steps. (not detailed yet)
They might be added later.

Download
http://pastebin.com/srWVeteR
Instructions about how to apply the patch are inside.

Please Note: The file checker will not always return postive for all files, as files are updated constantly, and updating the md5s constantly with them can be a chore. If only one or two are failing, please try your patched copy on your Wii U, and if it runs, then you're patch worked correctly.

Latest tms_patcher.exe: 1.8

And of course if you are having problems with the patch (we won't provide support about the hacking process of your own Wii U, nor do we support helping your with dumping your game, etc.) you can ask here in the thread or in the discord chat linked below below.

Contact

Discord: https://discord.gg/eR428vF

FAQ
Q: What exactly change this?
A: A complete list of the changes to the dialog can be found here. But here is a quick list:
- Reverted costumes back to Bikinis, also changing the menu icons back and their original names and descriptions.
- Completely redid chapter 2 and a few other minor parts of other chapters to return references to Gravure Modelling, this also uses the original voice files instead of re-recorded ones.
- Fixed any map changes relating to pictures in dungeons that were changed.
- Swapped the English files out for Japanese versions for retranslated files.
- Healing points no longer come in envelopes. (Spelling error by the localisation team where envelops was spelled envelopes)
- Changed Profiles to reflect the character's real ages and change back references to Gravure Modeling.
- Reverted any censored prerendered Cutscene files.

Q: What do you mean a "homebrew enabled" Wii U?
A: We mean you require a Wii U which is capable of running homebrew content, any Wii U current running 5.3.2 and above is supported for homebrew content. Do note, we are not refering to hacking your vWii or anything else, but the Wii U, you can find more on how to run homebrew on your Wii U here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.396828/

Q: What do you mean a "dumped" version of the game?
A: We mean you need the game in a loadiine compatable format, if you own the game and don't know whhat that is, you are able to dump a backup copy of the game using ddd, which can be found here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ddd-wiiu-title-dumper.418492/

Q: How do you actually run the game once it has been patched?
A: Using the homebrew application Loadiine, which can be obtained here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/loadiine-gx2.413823/
Q: Homebrew Application X and Y aren't working, can I get some more help?
A: If you need help running homebrew on your Wii U go here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/videos-how-to-run-5-5-x-kernel-exploit-set-up-sd-card.425040/
Or for an alternative homebrew guide, here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.396828/
Or if you need help with running the game with Loadiine: https://gbatemp.net/threads/loadiine-gx2.413823/
Or if you need help with dumping your game with ddd: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ddd-wiiu-title-dumper.418492/

Q: titledumper.exe just closes when I run it, what do I do?
A: If you aren't sure how to run a command line application, I suggest you use the ddd GUI program, which can be found here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/guiddd-graphic-interface-for-ddd.426834/

Q: Can I use my physical copy save with this?
A: Yes, if you dumped your game with ddd you'll get a "saves" folder, or you can use Saviine which can be found here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-saviine-wiiu-savedata-tool.399833/
Copy the saves into your loadiine saves folder under your TMS game directory and set the game to use "Unique Mode" for saves in loadiine, and you should be good to go.

Q: Do I need the Japanese version of the game to apply the patch?
A: No, this patch is standalone and you only need a loadiine dump of the US or EU version of the game.

Q: I purchased the DLC, can I use it with this patch?
A: Yes, but you need to load your game using the Smash method of Loadiine and have it dumped with DDD.
If you already had installed the DLC before dumping then most probably you already did, you can check if there is a folder called aoc0005000c101ed800 or aoc0005000c101ed700 depending if your game is US or EU. Also, if you are using an external storage with your Wii U, make sure that the DLC is installed there.
If you need more help you can consult the Loadiine thread specified above.

Q: Are the altered costumes that only appeared in the censored version of the game still accessible (Tsubasa and Elle Street Modelling outfits)?
A: No, at this moment is impossible to add them back alongside the others.

Q: I'd like to make a fan translation in X language, how can I do that?
A: You can check out our thread here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-translation-toolkit.435414/ on how to edit the text in the game using our edited english script as a base.

Q: Is the hotsprings DLC playable with this patch?
A: No, that content is exclusive of the JP version and there isn't a way to load it in the western versions.

Q: Zipper panties aren't in the game, FIX IT!
A
: No, we won't, here's why: They were never in the Japanese version of the game, and that means, we're never going to be able to fix this, we don't want smart ideas about using ripped videos from YouTube, or editing models, etc. Unless someone finds the developers original files for this outfit and sends them to us, we aren't changing. this.

Q: Hey, Tsubasa has obvious typos!!1!
A: Those are intentional, she gets nervous and start mixing the words.

Q: Is there a way to use my disc with the patch?
A: At the moment no. The files to patch are too big for Cafiine. The only way you can use your disc for now is to make a dump with ddd.

Q: I found a bug/my game freezes/there is an error here.
A: Please send us a save file and an explanation of how happened so we may try reproduce it or else won't be able to fix it.

Q: The patcher says I'm missing some files but I have them all.
A: Verify that you are pointing correctly to the game folder (the one with the code, content and meta folders) and that you put the xdelta3.exe and patch files inside a folder called "xdelta". Here's an example of what to do.

Known Crashes and Issues

- Game crashes when looking at Tsubasa's character profile and scrolling through the text to fast. *

- Game crashes after battle randomly accompanied with a loud beep. *

- Freeze during Tiki's second side story. *

- Game crashes after Unity animations or after leaving the bloom palace (unknown if it's a crash caused by our patch, or exists in all releases, or just the western release).

*: This crash is present in the Western and perhaps Japanese release of the games, we don't know if we can fix it, or if we'll ever be able to fix it, or if we've even fixed it already, or if Nintendo/Atlus will ever fix it. Most of these are random and not consistent, you may never see them at all.

WE RECOMMEND YOU SAVE OFTEN DUE TO THE BUGS FOUND IN THE WESTERN AND JAPANESE VERSIONS.

I would like to thank Sn0wCrack, Shudouken, (S)aber, and Werin that helped made this possible. Without them this would have been a very basic patch. Thank you guys!

Last edited by Cyan, , Reason: Updated guide: added info for loadiine link

Arif

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That would be awesome. :)
This might be a weird question, but could you see if it is possible to change the background color or the text color in dialog boxes?
Currently it's a light background with white text, which is very hard for me to read. Changing either of them to a dark color for high contrast would be much easier for to read.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
OP
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
That would be awesome. :)
This might be a weird question, but could you see if it is possible to change the background color or the text color in dialog boxes?
Currently it's a light background with white text, which is very hard for me to read. Changing either of them to a dark color for high contrast would be much easier for to read.
I don't know if I can, ATM I can change any text in the game and see textures, but I'll give it a try.

Reactions: Arif

Sakitoshi

OP
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
Wouldn't it be easier to just put the subs from the english version to the jap. version of the game?
I already though about that and I'll try it. But to be honest I don't think that will work out very well, the Japanese version uses fixed length text, just look how the text I translated looks.

CXu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well, we do know that some voice lines have been re-recorded and that ages of some characters have been altered within the script as well. It's not a huge deal, but I guess it would be nice to restore this back to what it was originally. It would also be pretty useful to compare original voice files in general just to see if other files have been altered, and then find out what kind of changes those are. If you need any help, I'll try to help out with whatever I can do (which might amount to a whole lot of nothing :P), and thanks and good luck!

Ruben Burgt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sakitoshi does what nintendon't.

No, seriously. Thanks for trying to uncensor this game.
I wasn't planning on buying this game, but if there was a patch for uncensoring it, then i might consider buying it. It's still sad that we, the gamers who doesnt like silly censorship, have to rely on modders.
(Why Nintendo? Why do you hate the female anatomy, do you aim to be PC and child friendly?)

Last edited by Ruben Burgt,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Would be great if your patch would work for the EUR version as well (I dunno whether it's censored to be honest but I think so).

ggl0l

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
@Sakitoshi What tools do you use to repack cpks? I tried to use the same tool which I used to undub xenoblade x (CPKTools.exe), but it can't even properly unpack pack_010_character.cpk - only a one folder with few files get extracted. Also tried CriToolpack.exe by Falo, and got exactly the same result.

Riku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it will be done. Not by a kid who, obviously, didn't finished and can't understand original game. A changes were made in scripts such as scene camera angles, dialog boxes count, re-recorded voices, etc. It's not just about models and textures. OP have no idea what he is talking about.

Last edited by Riku,
Reactions: Deleted User

Kimran

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I just wanted to give you my sincere thanks for attempting to fix the mess that Nintendo made out of the game in the west. No matter if it will work out in the end, it's the thought that counts.

I appriciate it and hope that no matter what you manage to accomplish will also be available for the European version of the game.

It is sad, really. I wanted to buy a Wii U for this game and buy it day one, but now I don't want to buy it at all anymore and will only buy it used even if there will be a fan patch for it avaiable.

Nintendo really messed up this time. The game already sold worse enough in Japan as it is.

Sakitoshi

OP
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
@Sakitoshi What tools do you use to repack cpks? I tried to use the same tool which I used to undub xenoblade x (CPKTools.exe), but it can't even properly unpack pack_010_character.cpk - only a one folder with few files get extracted. Also tried CriToolpack.exe by Falo, and got exactly the same result.
I got my hand on an updated version of crifilesystem (version 2.40.13), unfortunately I don't think I can share it here as is an official criware tool.

I don't think it will be done. Not by a kid who, obviously, didn't finished and can't understand original game. A changes were made in scripts such as scene camera angles, dialog boxes count, re-recorded voices, etc. It's not just about models and textures. OP have no idea what he is talking about.
And you obviously didn't read the OP. I clearly wrote that my goal is to restore the character models and profiles and I wont be doing any changes to the main script.
I'm confident I can do that much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm