Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE restoration

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Sakitoshi, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Sakitoshi
    OP

Sakitoshi GBAtemp Official Lolimaster

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    behind a keyboard or a gamepad
    I have that video too, but as the in-game costume didn't existed we didn't change anything.
    You indeed need to unpack thr movie cpk and all those usm files that spit are the videos.
    I would spare you the conversion but my license of sofdec2 expired long ago. You can get the tools and a trial license in the criware web page, but be aware that the tools are tricky to use (well, it aren't prepared for non-devs to use).

2. thieftheodore

thieftheodore Member

Newcomer
    Jun 10, 2016
    Indonesia
    I already got usm video covered using vgmtoolbox, ffmpeg and scaleform video encoder. The main I have issue is I can't unpack files from "pack_050_movie.cpk" with crifilesystem and CriPakTools. so what tools did you use to unpack the cpk files?

3. Corvenik

Corvenik Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2018
    Bahamas, The
    You can try to unpack .cpk files with quickbms and aluigi.altervista[dot]org/bms/cpk[dot]bms. At least that worked for the original files.

4. arthurmauk

arthurmauk Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2018
    United Kingdom
    LONDON, PUT IT BACK ON!! (;
    Hi guys, does this work on the Wii U emulator Cemu, and if so how do I apply it please? :)

5. arthurmauk

arthurmauk Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hi, did you manage to get the patch working on Cemu, and if so have you had any problems since? Thanks in advance! :)

6. Nimrod-002

Nimrod-002 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 8, 2016
    Morocco
    it is possible to make an update package containing the patch to install along with the vanilla title.

7. Nimrod-002

Nimrod-002 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 8, 2016
    Morocco
    where can i get the patched files to try to make an update package with?

8. arthurmauk

arthurmauk Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 6, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Looks like it does, thanks modders! :D

9. GhostCow

GhostCow Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2007
    United States
    Does this work with the dlc on a real Wii U? I can't get the dlc working on Cemu and I'm not sure if it's because of this patch or just a problem with Cemu

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Actually forget my previous message. I guess I just wasn't far enough in the story. I just got to the part where you can buy outfits and I see Tsubasa's swimsuit so it must be working

Edit: Nope. Looks like that's actually not part of the dlc so the dlc still isn't working for me

Last edited by GhostCow, Jul 1, 2018
  10. KanaBloodOfDragons

KanaBloodOfDragons Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2017
    Barbados
    After i beat chapter 2 the game just stopped playing voice lines completely
    is there anyway to fix this?

11. Sakitoshi
    OP

Sakitoshi GBAtemp Official Lolimaster

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    behind a keyboard or a gamepad
    that's a new one.

not all text is voiced, saying just in case.
    are you playing on cemu?? it could be a bug there as in my wii u never had such problem.
    check the game settings, if I remember correctly voices have their own volume slider.
    if everything fails then patch your game again.

that's all I can think off.

Last edited by Sakitoshi, Aug 22, 2018
  12. KanaBloodOfDragons

KanaBloodOfDragons Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2017
    Barbados
    I already checked the volume slider
    turned it all the way up then turned off the console
    then i turned back on the console and it still wasnt playing
    i wonder if it could have something to do with the fact that i made it into an installable so i could save space on my sd card
    i guess i'll redo take the save and try it on the non patched version since i got past chapter 2 already and then on the patched version with loadiine

Last edited by KanaBloodOfDragons, Aug 22, 2018
  13. samhyde

samhyde Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2018
    Bahamas, The
    So how do I play with the DLC?
    Further down it says something about using the "Smash method of loadiine" but I have no idea what this means nor do you explain it.
    I would very much like to play this so any help would be appreciated.

14. Floflo81

Floflo81 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2016
    France
    Huh personally I first played the game from disc, and purchased the DLC from the eShop.
    Then I extracted the game from the disc, transferred it to my PC and applied the "restoration" patch.
    Finally, I repackaged the patched game as a WUP, and installed it with WUP Installer, on the same partition (NAND or USB) as the DLC and the saves that were already installed.

By doing all of this in this order, the DLC worked out of the box.

lordelan likes this.
  15. samhyde

samhyde Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2018
    Bahamas, The
    I'm new to this stuff so if you don't mind me asking, how did you repackage the game as a WUP?

16. Floflo81

Floflo81 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2016
    France
  17. gametech

gametech Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2018
    United States
    I know this is a fairly old thread but I'm pretty new to the Wii U homebrew scene. Is there a way to patch the game in the .app format, or does it have to be Loadiine format?

18. Zerael

Zerael Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2016
    Russia
    I have weird problem with pather.
    Patcher said "everything done", but game wont launch. And... I found out there no "pack_010_character" and "pack_050_Movie" in game after patch.
    But both of original files safe and genki in "original" folder. Its like, its just dont want to create patched version. Tho, the rest files patch just fine.
    Hmm, did I miss something?

Edit: Tried manually patch all files, and only those files that I mention above refused to patch due some kind of error.
    I thought that is bad dump, but no, pre-patched euro version worked fine.

Edit 2: Oh well, god bless, found jap version in internet, and used Character and Movie cpk's from there.
    Working so far.

Last edited by Zerael, Sep 21, 2018
  19. Tarantus

Tarantus GBAtemp Regular

Mar 11, 2015
    Brazil
    -24.100361, -45.689251
    Hi there guys.

Does the videos get uncesored too? Kiria's concert here shows her with the censored clothes :/

20. Floflo81

Floflo81 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 6, 2016
    France
    If I remember correctly, the "uncensored" video for Kiria's concert was made available on the Web once, but in-game, there is only one version, which is the same in the Japanese version and in the Western version.

So the video you get is the same as in the Japanese version.