Tokyo/Japan Exploring DS Game??

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by leek soup, May 8, 2008.

May 8, 2008
  1. leek soup
    OP

Newcomer leek soup Newbie

United States
    One of my friends was telling me that he read about a DS game that basically involved you exploring and freeroaming in Tokyo; however, he forgot the name of it, go figure. I for one, have never heard of this game and I think he got his info messed up. Has anyone heard of this game for the DS or another system??

Edit: He said that it wasn't World Ends With You btw.

2. Curley5959

Member Curley5959 CCC Member!

Australia
    hmmm, I can only think of The World Ends With You.. Was it an English version game or a Japanese Version.. Im thinking Japanese cause i cant find any games.. [​IMG] Sorry

3. leek soup
    OP

Newcomer leek soup Newbie

United States
    Yah it was Japanese.

4. psycoblaster

Member psycoblaster Divine

Korea, South
    Now that's gonna be a long hunt [​IMG]

5. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Yeah the only game that that sounds like is "The World Ends With You" which in Japan was called "Its a Wonderful World".

Perhaps he only heard of the Japan name because I really don't recall anything on the DS other than that game.

6. Raestloz

Member Raestloz GBATemp's Lone Wolf

Indonesia
    For now, (I think) there is no such a game that lets you free-roaming around Japan, or even a village in Japan. Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword maybe one, but it's not free-roaming, more like 3D left-to-right-mario-style.

Free-roaming needs a lot of data, even Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles doesn't let you to free-roam (well, it lets you to free-roam, in dungeons, appparently, as the worlds aren't exactly connected)

7. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    hmmm first thing that comes to my mind with your friend's description is one of those travel guides for the DS, I checked there's not a Tokyo/Japan version, closest thing is the Hong Kong version and the Taiwan version, no free roaming btw.

[​IMG][​IMG]