Tokyo Game Show is the latest gaming event to be cancelled, will take place online instead

k4BE44b.png

Another event joins the likes of every other gaming convention and trade show of 2020. The big Japanese gaming convention, Tokyo Game Show, has just been cancelled, with, yes, you guessed it, a digital streaming event that will be aired online instead. Previously set for September 24th to September 27th, Tokyo Game Show will be rescheduled to fit the new format, which will be further explained later this May. This is the latest trade show to be cancelled outright or forced into going digital, following E3, Gamescom, Evo 2020, and more.

TOKYO GAME SHOW 2020(TGS2020), scheduled to be held from September 24 (Thu.) to 27 (Sun.), 2020, is now planned to take place online. TGS2020, which is usually held at Makuhari Messe, is cancelled.

Due to the outbreak of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) on a global scale and the situation remains unpredictable in Japan as well, the organizer and the co-organizers have reached this decision after a long consideration to place the utmost priority on the health and safety of visitors, exhibitors and stakeholders. We ask for your kind understanding and cooperation.

More information will be announced as needed on the official website and press releases from late May.

:arrow: Source

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should have waited to see what September was going to be like before canceling, anyway I was most likely going to read what was shown.
With the way things are right now chances are online is going to be how everything is shown for years to come.

Reactions: Silent_Gunner

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Should have waited to see what September was going to be like before canceling, anyway I was most likely going to read what was shown.
With the way things are right now chances are online is going to be how everything is shown for years to come.

I'd imagine it would be more problematic/annoying to cancel at a later than to wait and hope that it would possible to run, especially where things like Hotels, flights, venues, etc. may be involved.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last few days, there have been less than 30 NEW cases a day in Tokyo, but even if they changed their mind again and opened it, I'll most likely not be here for it. I'll probably still be out to sea, with no plans of stopping anywhere at all, even home.

Damn shame too. There is always so much eye candy there :wub:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end