Country
Germany
Hey, I wanted to ask what happens if I:

- Downgrade to 3.55
- Install a CFW (prob. Rogero)
- Do Toggle QA

and then

- Update to a OFW accidently

Can I still downgrade, aka. is the Toggle QA still active?

~ Greets.

Lordmau5

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, in that case I have to flash it.

I know the E3 flasher, however, afaik you have to solder very much?
Also it's not very... cheap...

I heard about Teensy2.0++, however, I don't know if it works with PS3 Slim JTP-001 board.
Afaik, that one is solderless...

Are there some other good (also cheap, and maybe solderless) alternatives to them?

~ Greets.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

DId you downgrade a CECH-25xxx and install OFW by accident?

First of for NOR PS3 (some PS3 FAT and all PS3 Slim), E3 Flasher is the flasher you should be looking at. You need to use E3 Flasher to downgrade it again. Consider yourself luck that you did Toggle QA before installing OFW. Had you not done that you would've brick that PS3.

Other flashers such as Teensy 2.0 are for NAND PS3 (early models of PS3 FAT), where E3 Flasher simply doesn't work on them. Unlike E3 Flasher they all are a bit flaky so people only use them when E3 Flasher is not possible.

soulrazor

Trophies
XP
Country

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I did not do the "Toggle QA".

Though, I got the PS3 shipped with 4.50, so... ye
CECH-25xxx (JTP-001) does NOT start out as 4.50. They either started out as 3.40, 3.50, or 3.60. You have to do miniverchk soulrazor posted to find out. If they start out as 3.60 it cannot be downgraded. If it isn't you have to downgrade it again, either by yourself or through help from other people.

You can also use ODE such as 3k3y and Cobra, but they all need soldering for CECH-25xxx.

Lordmau5

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I bought it from eBay, so that should answer your question about "being shipped with 4.50" ^^

It is an CECH-2504B 0C, so it SHOULD be able to be downgraded.
I know about the E3 Flasher to downgrade, but is it really that simple to flash another firmware?

First thing I heard was a simple chip that get's connected to the NOR thing on the mainboard...
Second thing I heard was that I have to solder ~30 (idk how many) cables to the mainboard...

soulrazor

Trophies
XP
Country
check if it is possible to downgrade.
if you can, then i can tell you that E3 flasher does have a clip to avoid solder but it is reported as not as reliable as a soldered downgrader (mostly because of bad contact in cliping the nor).
Today its either downgrade or ODE if done correctly any can help you achive what you want.
Just check first if you have to go with ODE or if you have the chance to choose between those 2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup