ToeJam & Earl: Back in the Groove coming 2017 from Adult Swim Games

Sega Genesis fans rejoice, as the classic and interstellar rapmasters of hiphop, and mostly funk are coming back in 2017 for PC and consoles. *Funk levels intensify* Adult Swim of all things will be publishing this kickstarter project for sometime in 2017. Now you can see your favorite funky alien duo, Toejam & Earl..... Back in the groove. No 2D platforming adventure like the genesis sequel, no 3D catastrophe, but 2D Rouge-Like game play which is a first for the series. This new game will have multiple characters and features from each previous entry all in one.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: Kickstarter

The next game in the nearly 25-year-old ToeJam & Earl franchise, ToeJam & Earl: Back in the Groove, is coming to console and PC platforms in 2017, courtesy of Adult Swim Games. First gameplay footage of Back in the Groove can be seen in a newly released teaser trailer.

D

Deleted-379826

Huh interesting seems uh hip! Definitely gonna give the genesis games a shot!

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone who is not familar with this series, you can buy both the original genesis games (Toejam & Earl, Toejam & Earl in panic on funkotron) on V WII Virtual console, PS3 store (No psp, psvita or ps4), or xbox 360 store (May be possible on xbox one due to backwards compatibility but no proof on my behalf) and on pc with steam.

The VC for Vwii "Wiishop" is just like any VC game. The PS3 and xbox 360 Stores has them sold seperatly or together, as most other sega genesis ports or games are part of a sega vintage collection with some other classics. Unlike some of the early ports of Sega games on PSN or XBLA they are not ported by backbone entertainment, but the better well known M2 Company that is well worth the download among some others i also recommend. As for the PC port, is on steam, i don't see any online support or extra features aside from the sega interactive hub. My best guess is just as bear as a rom running in a emulator, not even sure if M2 was involved in the steam port either. Just like the Vwii VC, It was released way before before the PSN or XBLA ports. Both games are $5 each on all platforms. :)

The PSN and XBLA ports, the two games feature acurate emulation, save states, customized settings, online co-op play modes, trophies/achievements, challenges, and rankings. So if you wish to you can try. Unless you just would get the roms and emulate it that is fine too. :P

The third game in the series Tojam and & Earl mission to earth has the worst reputation and is only for xbox (The first one) So i doubt it be of interest to either play if you don't have one, or find the game or even emulate.

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,
Reactions: Hoppy

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate finding out about kickstarter games like this when its too late, would of totally backed it if I knew about it at the time.
Is not your fault. Most games, specially kickstarter does go unnoticed if not properly advertised, or simply cause is kickstarter. Most are very low key and has hard time with advertising. So i understand. Don't feel bad though, if you wanna support it, buy it when is available. :)

Reactions: RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is not your fault. Most games, specially kickstarter does go unnoticed if not properly advertised, or simply cause is kickstarter. Most are very low key and has hard time with advertising. So i understand. Don't feel bad though, if you wanna support it, buy it when is available. :)
Other games I missed out on that I would of also liked to have backed were Shantae and A Hat in Time. When you think about it 30 days from the moment its up and when it ends is way too small, maybe 3 months would be more ideal.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Other games I missed out on that I would of also liked to have backed were Shantae and A Hat in Time. When you think about it 30 days from the moment its up and when it ends is way too small, maybe 3 months would be more ideal.
Is just how things are wth kickstarter. The timing is not the greatest but also the advertising isn't best either. I think if the website had a youtube channel people can subscribe to, and host upload videos of current projects weekly or monthly would be a start as well as spotlight on some websites for games like IGN or gamefaqs or whatever. :P

Most of the problem i think is simply due to bad advertising or the kikstarter association. Some projects on websites like indigogo like Indivisable (WIP game by creators of skull girls) Have same issues but is all how people do make effort to advertise things. Aside from ads, the reputation of being branded indie game compared to well known companies are underprivlaged to the possibility of exposeure.

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,
Reactions: Jonna

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet trailer.
I think my main concern is the music. The trailer is charming, but i wanna know how the music is for the game. It was a huge part of the original, and most peoples memories for tunes to "JAM OUT" To. :D

So that is one of my interest. Perhaps i hope good voicing for characters as well or sound effects. The best known "Wake up" Whispering and shouting or the other.... less annoying sounds i guess also makes it good.

Now we wait for sega to release streets of rage 4 :creep:

Deleted member 370283

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand that it's based on the first game, but look at a screenshot from the first game.

toejam-earl-world.png

There's a lot more detail there than lazily making some oddly shaped ground and slapping a flat texture on it.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand that it's based on the first game, but look at a screenshot from the first game.

toejam-earl-world.png

There's a lot more detail there than lazily making some oddly shaped ground and slapping a flat texture on it.
Your point is made. While i have to say is a valid thing, the gameplay is the selling point hope. That looks can be deceiving thing is a real thing.

I wasn't very appealed by the way it looks either to be honest, besides how the characters look the game doesn't seem to be much to stare at in wanting more to see. Perhaps it will get better. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr