Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

XXLANCEXX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I need to know is the system worth it... I tried it out at my gamestop and i like SSFIV 3D edition
but some of my friends tell me that Nooo Dont Buy it wait for the NGP its gonna destroy the 3DS
and the Wii2 is gonna be better but I need to know before i go and buy it...
Is it worth it??? Should I go buy the 3DS or wait for the NGP?

Ferociouscorpion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I waited 2 weeks after the launch of the 3DS and I got too tempted so I pick one up.

The 3D is pretty cool but not all its hyped up to be, at least for me it didn't effect game play.

I picked the samurai warrior game but my 3DS still don't get a lot of playtime, the games are really lacking.

The 3DS has great potential but I should've waited til June when Zelda comes out to pick up the system.

So to me right now its not worth it, if you already have a DS just wait til better 3DS games come out b/c the majority of your time will be spent playing DS games.

As for the NGP, I will be picking that up too when it comes out, and the Wii2, well I bought my Wii and put in probably 10hr and its been collecting dust ever since so I'm not all too excited by it.

MountApple

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I think 3DS has a lot of potential. The problem is it doesn't have many good games right now. It will by the end of 2011 though. The NGP has awesome hardware specs but(if it turns out like PSP) it may not have too many good games. Also the NGP has a second analog stick if you like that.
I would get a 3DS. Just looking at how many good games the DS had was the deal breaker for me. I'm sure 3DS will have a ton of awesome games down the line.

And I have no idea about the Wii 2.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Well you can't really compare a 3DS to two other systems that aren't even out nor have a release date and pricing.

Although I enjoy the 3DS, I don't see anything for it at the moment. I'd take a glance at what games are to come for the 3DS and if anything that interests you is far off then I'd hold off for now. Especially with E3 2011 coming, there's no telling what announcements are in store.

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am very happy with my 3DS, I also have a DSL and DSIXL. I now have 7 3D games for the 3DS. 2 of them I gave to my son because I didn't care for them. I love the AR games and face shooter is cute. Nintendo just announced Q2 release of games which looks better. They are finally working with other software developers (must of learned a lesson). The 3D is great and I have played hours on end without any eyestrain. In may the browser and online abilities like software shop will come available which gives it another boost. You can compare it to the NGP but I wouldn't compare to the Wii 2 since 3ds and NGP are handhelds vs a console. Think of what you want to get out of it and go that direction. But I feel the 3DS has great potential and it is just getting kicked into gear.

Da Mafia

Trophies
XP
Country
If you need to ask somebody if something is "worth it", then for you it obviously isn't. Nobody else can decide whats right for you.

XXLANCEXX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanna buy one....but people are telling me the systems gonna be a waste of money and im playin FFIV over again on the DS and My UP button is Messing Up so I have enough for the 3DS but people tell me dont buy it O.o

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why not just save up and buy them all? NGP probably won't come out til the holiday season if not next year. The next Nintendo Console isn't coming until 2012...the 3DS is out now. Buy 3DS now...NGP and New Nintendo console when they come out. Slowly save up for them.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XXLANCEXX said:
I wanna buy one....but people are telling me the systems gonna be a waste of money and im playin FFIV over again on the DS and My UP button is Messing Up so I have enough for the 3DS but people tell me dont buy it O.o
Who exactly is "people"?

XXLANCEXX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
XXLANCEXX said:
Who exactly is "people"?
My friends and family lol sorry I didnt classify that lol

Black ace

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know much about the NGP but the wii 2 won't be out for a long while,the games for the 3DS may not be good right now but later this year some good games should finally come out e.g.kid icarus,mario kart,animal crossing

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XXLANCEXX said:
machomuu said:
XXLANCEXX said:
Who exactly is "people"?
My friends and family lol sorry I didnt classify that lol
Are they real gamers- no wait...on average, how much do they play Call of Duty or Halo?

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you like the 3DS titles that are currently out, and if you're looking to upgrade your DS/DSi, go for it. If not, wait for more games to come out, or wait for a different console. I personally love my 3DS, and a lot of DS games control a lot better with the slide pad the 3DS has.

DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I recommend waiting till around September. That's the same thing I'm doing lol.

Launch titles are lacking terribly. Only SSFIV I would play for a launch title but I have it on PS3 so no point. Just wait till more good games comes out. That's my advice.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DrBruce said:
3DS vs. No Games Portable

Hmm, tough decision ...
f_-_headbang.gif

Don't be a troll.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i mean, unless they're like morrigan, but i kinda doubt it