Today I faced one of my greatest demons

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Today I did something that has finally changed my life.
Today I faced up to the greatest demon that was still part of my life.
Last year on Saint Patrick's day I was attacked well riding my bike through an area that I thought was safe. Well I was riding a man came running up to me and started pushing me and trying to force me off my bike, luckily I was able to keep balance on the bike and escape what was happening. I was so afraid that I kept riding and riding till I ran into my grandparent's car and told them what happened. Finally when I got home. I was so upset, I just kept crawled up and cried till I was able to talk to Mike, then I just bottled up the problem trying to pass it off as just being lucky that I got out just fine, only to have that torment with nightmares and thoughts of what could have happened, for one whole week till I told the school counselor what happened and she helped me file a police report. As great as that felt and it even helped me get over most of the nightmares and mostly move on. I still never went back to that sight (well not alone or without getting out as fast as possible) till today. Today I stood right in front of the very building where I was attacked and stared at it, only to realize that I was now safe. The building was empty and so was all the buildings around it, but most of all I felt safe again. The thing that scared me now seemed so small now that I finally able to face it.
I feel so proud of myself for finally facing that problem.

Warrior522

"In all things, balance."
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I said via PM, that's great to hear. The mark of a real man is one who can stand up to the world's bullshit and win.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ohnoes.png
How long did it take you to get over it?

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
KingVamp said:
ohnoes.png
It honestly took me like a 2 months just to get back on my bike. Even to this day I am still a little worried whenever someone starts going near me when I am on my bike.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Catboy said:
KingVamp said:
ohnoes.png
It honestly took me like a 2 months just to get back on my bike. Even to this day I am still a little worried whenever someone starts going near me when I am on my bike.
I commend you, it took me 3 months to get over Kinemortaphobia, one of my greatest demons, though my scenario was similar to yours, except while yours was a physical attack, mine was a psychological one. It wasn't fun. Either way, nice job
smile.gif

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
machomuu said:
KingVamp said:
ohnoes.png
I commend you, it took me 3 months to get over Kinemortaphobia, one of my greatest demons, though my scenario was similar to yours, except while yours was a physical attack, mine was a psychological one. It wasn't fun. Either way, nice job
smile.gif
I have never heard of Kinemortaphobia (so I googled it) glad to hear you got over that and thanks
happy.gif
I know now that my life will better without that demon on my back

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Have you considered carrying pepper spray, a stun gun, a baton, or a pistol with you? That will give you a sense of security that if anyone fucks with you again, you will be able to take control of the situation and walk away being on top.

And to any nay sayers, some thief who has a gun or other weapon won't be trying to steal a bike from someone.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DeadlyFoez said:
Have you considered carrying pepper spray, a stun gun, a baton, or a pistol with you? That will give you a sense of security that if anyone fucks with you again, you will be able to take control of the situation and walk away being on top.

And to any nay sayers, some thief who has a gun or other weapon won't be trying to steal a bike from someone.

Bear Spray.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Well I rarely say these things but... yesterday at my sister´s bday we were going along my bro & cousin, then a guy looking a bit high came and asked for money. Hell these kind of people are very invasive in matters of physical distance, well in short, I said stay back , I have no money... then this shit came back yelling at me "hey I just told ya wanted some money! what do you think you are?? wanna fight??", then noticed he was surrounded by friends. I just said "excuse me, I´m busy right now, see ya!".

Then mumbling stuff this guy said: "the next time I see you coming here I´ll kill you", then I thought "oh, he´s gonna kill me". OK.

Just a few minutes later my mom asked me to go for some food on a fast food restaurant across the street. I went, and saw the guy again. But I wasn´t killed.

--

Well catboy so glad you´ve have overcome those kind of traumas. It´s quite harsh to think this way but, one cannot be always running from battles, sometimes facing these things help you to overcome yourself.

And, I´m thinking about buying a chain or a bat. A knife or a gun can kill the other people, and we mostly do not want that.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good for you, that kind of thing can be really frightening.

I remember one time I was attacked by a small group on my way home from a local bus stop.
I felt really unsafe safe as it was very close to my home. The next day I hesitantly took the same route, as I didn't have a choice. No one was there, and it really helped me get over it. Haven't seen them since.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe a little tip that can help you if you ever run into a similar situation.....carry your bike lock chain around your neck. If someone attempts to attack you or knock you off your bike, don't even hesitate to use that chain as a weapon. Beat the crap out of them with the chain (smack the bastard with the lock end) and then hop on your bike and boogie.

You may be opposed to violence, but any thief gets what they deserve if you are defending you and yours.

My brother is a little person, he has used that very effectively a few times in his life, and he doesn't go out of his way to mess with anybody. You smack them up side the head with that chain, they won't want to play with you anymore. It works. It gives you time to get away. Self-defense is a viable excuse almost anywhere.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course taking a chain to a gunfight would not be a good idea, but what's your options here, defend yourself, or let the person take your bike and/or other possessions? At least you let the person know you aren't such an easy target and they might think twice about messing with somebody like that again. In this day and age, diligence is mandatory.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today I did something that has finally changed my life.
Today I faced up to the greatest demon that was still part of my life.
Last year on Saint Patrick's day I was attacked well riding my bike through an area that I thought was safe. Well I was riding a man came running up to me and started pushing me and trying to force me off my bike, luckily I was able to keep balance on the bike and escape what was happening. I was so afraid that I kept riding and riding till I ran into my grandparent's car and told them what happened. Finally when I got home. I was so upset, I just kept crawled up and cried till I was able to talk to Mike, then I just bottled up the problem trying to pass it off as just being lucky that I got out just fine, only to have that torment with nightmares and thoughts of what could have happened, for one whole week till I told the school counselor what happened and she helped me file a police report. As great as that felt and it even helped me get over most of the nightmares and mostly move on. I still never went back to that sight (well not alone or without getting out as fast as possible) till today. Today I stood right in front of the very building where I was attacked and stared at it, only to realize that I was now safe. The building was empty and so was all the buildings around it, but most of all I felt safe again. The thing that scared me now seemed so small now that I finally able to face it.
I feel so proud of myself for finally facing that problem.

What's it like being a eunuch?

-Don't edit my posts, unless I'm breaking some sort of rule (which I'm not) you have no reason to edit.-

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@Everyone suggesting I carry a weapon of some sort.
I normally do carry a knife with me for a number of reasons, but that day I wasn't carrying anything, not even a cellphone. I was in hurry to get somewhere (I can't even remember where I was going) so I didn't remember to grab anything.
Also I don't believe in using guns, so I wouldn't even carry one around. It's a personal thing.

@Everyone
Thanks for you kind words!

Sorry, I would reply to everyone, but it's early for me and I just got up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    +1
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    +1
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    +1
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    +1
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: