OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Toad's-Tool-64-Logo.png

Features
• Move objects found in levels using an on-screen widget, keyboard or by changing their x,y and z values.
• Move objects by dragging them on the screen.
• Rotate some objects (type 0x24 and 0x42) using the on-screen positioning widget or little rotating widgets.
• Change the objects 3d models and behaviors using preset lists. (ie: change a Goomba to a Koopa)
• Edit the object description labels used in the editor, and add labels for new combinations you create.
• Click on objects in the 3d view to select them, or use the object list on the left.
• Select multiple objects, move them, change their model IDs and other parameters all at once.
• Copy and paste selected parameters between objects.
• Copy a raw Hex dump of the currently selected object to the clipboard.
• An address field showing the absolute ROM address of the currently selected object.
• If you enter an address in this field and hit return, TT64 will find and select the associated object.
• Revert the selected object to the last saved version.
• Show only selection boxes for the current command, all commands, or only the selected object.
• For 0x24 objects, you'll be able to change which "act" includes a particular object.
• Set the level music.
• Set warps destination level, area and warp object.
• The editor will provide a list of possible 0x26 or 0x27 warp destinations in the target level.
• The "Save" button will turn red when you have unsaved changes.

Camera controls:
• Front, Back, Top, Left and Right cameras that can optionally follow the current selection.
• The "Fly" camera mode enables you to fly around the level much like in the Peach Castle Demo.
• The "Orbit" camera can rotate around the selected object and will follow it.
• An on-screen widget to move the camera around, with relative or absolute control.
• Wireframe mode.
• Switching face culling on and off.
• Choosing between orthographic or perspective rendering.

Limitations
• This level editor won't edit polygon shapes.
• Most levels have a basic polygonal structure (ie: ground and walls) that can't be changed.
• You'll be able to move objects and most platforms, but don't expect to be able to reshape the terrain.
• The first version of the editor will display the original textures even if you load a ROM with modified textures.
• Many enemies and characters won't display correctly (ie. anything that has rotating joints)
• Some description labels may be missing.
• In some condition, transparent textures will have glitches associated with a Z-Buffer bug in Shockwave.
• Tick Tock Clock is the most affected by this.
• Selecting objects in Hazy Maze Cave will be extremely slow.
• This is due to the high number of objects found in this level. I'll try to fix this eventually.
• While you'll be able to change the input and output targets for warp commands 0x26 (and 0x27), you'll have to manually find which 0x24,0x42 or 0x43 objects use these warps conduits. Completing a list of all warp behaviors will enable a future version of the editor to achieve this automatically.
• In the Advanced and Expert commands mode you'll be able to view some commands that won't be editable.
• I'm still hesitant to add the ability to edit 0x21 and 0x22 commands in this version.
• This editor won't take 0x00, 0x17, 0x18 and 0x1A command parameters into account, it uses a pre-built list.
• This means level scripts and ROM "banks" can't be extended or moved.
• The first time you’ll run the editor, it will spend a few minutes building a file containing pre-decoded polygon data, to make things faster. This will only happen on the first-run.

TT64Screen1th.jpg

URL http://tinyurl.com/2fnvxj

Wow how cool is this. I was just wondering if anyone had tried it and if it was easy to use?

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
It would be nice if some people could make their own 3D-platformer out of this... And it would be even nicer if it was possible with the DS version (as many people have flashcarts)!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i dont know why tv manufactures put the hdmi ports in dumb locations so the cables have to stick out, and then down, putting strain on the ports. Instead of having the ports along the bottom edge of the tv facing downwards.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    windows me was mostly on laptops if i remembered correctly
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I hate that too where you have to use an HDMI extension for an Amazon Fire Stick.
    +1
    I had a desktop with ME on it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, And also cheap-ass desktop PCs like eMachines.
    Worst MS OS in history. Period.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah I can still go for totinos