Hacking To upgrade to 4.2U or not to upgrade!

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am currently on 4.1U and have seen that 4.2 is available. Is there any need to actually upgrade at this time? Are there games that require 4.2 yet? Thanks for your help!

lobfredd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stay at 4.1 if u want Region free. 4.2 is just to "Remove" Homebrew
tongue.gif

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
None of the games require 4.2
If i were you i wouldn't upgrade.
A lot of people have problems like bricking, because of stubs etc.
And if you are not carefully, you will lose your console. if your wii is now working perfectly, playing backups etc, i wouldnt touch it anymore (mess around with it too much will cause you a brick)

GoldenRule: Better having a working console then a bricked one..

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still want to update a few things. I need to update to JODI HBC as well as Preloader .30
Besides that, I think I will be ok, unless you can suggest something else

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By upgrading to HBC JODI and preloader .30, will I have the same funtionality as I have now with HBC 1.0.3 and preloader .29?

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best reason to upgrade is to prevent a brick or deletion of homebrew due to an accidental upgrade with an official firmware.

I have always kept mine at the latest firmware so when other family members are using original disks the system does not prompt for an upgrade.

spritefreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand that....but is it necessary to upgrade if I have preloader already? What is the need for upgrading? What does HBC JODI and Preloader .3 do differently than HBC Haxx and Preloader .29

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Mantis41 said:
Best reason to upgrade is to prevent a brick or deletion of homebrew due to an accidental upgrade with an official firmware.

I have always kept mine at the latest firmware so when other family members are using original disks the system does not prompt for an upgrade.

Or you could block the updates using Startpatch or Preloader or just run the game from a loader.

TripleHHH28

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i got usb loader gx installed on the wii.....only problem is now when i go to load it from the wii channel menu i get the usb loader gx logo scree and then it goes black....sometimes even reboots
any ideas?

Posts merged

i got usb loader gx installed on the wii.....only problem is now when i go to load it from the wii channel menu i get the usb loader gx logo scree and then it goes black....sometimes even reboots
any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s