Hardware To trade or not to trade...

DrunkenMonk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, I have two Metallic blue "new" 3DS XL consoles and I really wanted the zelda version, but it's sold out everywhere I check. So I was thinking if I should trade the two consoles for the zelda console, I mean, do we know what version it will be on? Since these two are both on v 9.0 and I'd not have to think twice about trading if I knew the version, because that's what the console is worth to me.

I actually have the 25th anniversary regular 3ds and the windwaker wiiu, and a few other zelda things - so you could call me a collector of zelda themed consoles/objects.

So it's not really a problem of "would I" and instead it's a problem of could I, since realistically I need the console to be on 9.2 or earlier to fully enjoy it to the extent I want, but then there's always the fact it would still be part of a collection even if it were above 9.2...

Basically, is there any confirmation of the system version for EU majora's mask XL?

I guess I can probably wait until people have the consoles, ask and then see if they'd trade... But I don't know x_x

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it was in stock for preorder at store.nintendo.co.uk just yesterday.
but yeah that sounds like a terrible deal two for one especially when they have the same msrp.
if anything if you really need it sell your ds's for as much cash as you can get right now and hope to find one on release day and if that doesn't work out only then pay double.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't give in to the scalpers. I bet the price will drop after the actual release date comes, and at the prices they are asking I'm sure there will still be plenty available after the release. Once the firmware version is known and if it is 9.2 or lower I'm sure they will sell like hotcakes afterwards though.

DrunkenMonk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm, I don't know... I mean I can imagine the prices will drop a little but... Dropping by a lot I can't really imagine that.

I will heed both of you guys' advice, I'm going to sell one of the consoles I have right now, and then wait for a decrease in price and hopefully just pay a little extra on top instead of almost double the price. (Yeah... Hopefully. Fingers crossed).

Thank you for your council, you have helped me make a decision :)

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Keep one of the 9.0 consoles, then if you end up with a MM one and it has a higher firmware than you want, you could potentially swap the cases over.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prices will drop. Right now New 3DS isn't available anywhere for our region outside of import. Once they are released to the masses, the scalpers will need to lower their price in order to sell off their lot. They are only high right now because demand is high for a console that's not available openly yet.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I have two Metallic blue "new" 3DS XL consoles and I really wanted the zelda version, but it's sold out everywhere I check. So I was thinking if I should trade the two consoles for the zelda console, I mean, do we know what version it will be on? Since these two are both on v 9.0 and I'd not have to think twice about trading if I knew the version, because that's what the console is worth to me.

I actually have the 25th anniversary regular 3ds and the windwaker wiiu, and a few other zelda things - so you could call me a collector of zelda themed consoles/objects.

So it's not really a problem of "would I" and instead it's a problem of could I, since realistically I need the console to be on 9.2 or earlier to fully enjoy it to the extent I want, but then there's always the fact it would still be part of a collection even if it were above 9.2...

Basically, is there any confirmation of the system version for EU majora's mask XL?

I guess I can probably wait until people have the consoles, ask and then see if they'd trade... But I don't know x_x
http://store.nintendo.co.uk/new-nin...-3ds-xl-majoras-mask-3d-edition/11075490.html
in stock again

Reactions: Deleted-355425

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Unfortunately you posted at 4am and when I read this, out of stock again :(

Thanks for trying.
yeah i kept missing the offical nintendo site listings, got a pre-order on amazon though....sucks as its more expensive and doesn't come with the skull kid statue :( ....sucky nintendo and amazon......im keeping hold of my AUS console...so if it does end up being 9.3+ i will just switch the motherboards over then resell the AUS console on (hopefully not loosing too much in the process)

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Personally, I preordered the Majora's Mask one (European version) but will only keep it if the firmware is 9.2 or less, so I'll wait until people give the firmware number to open it or not, that's way, if it's 9.3 or 9.4, I'll resell it still sealed and then import an Australian one (which is 9.0) because I want my new 3ds to be able to run the gateway when the exploit will be released, as my two 3DS can already run it.

If I resell it, I don't really plan to do a lot of benefits from it, but yeah, I'll probably sell it a little more than the price I paid as it's a limited edition (even with the reprint) and the fact that the box will still be sealed like a new one, just enough to pay an Australian one.

DrunkenMonk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
An update to this, I sold both of the metallic blue XL's that I had and ordered a mm edition. I had to buy it from a scalper though and ended up paying roughly £40 more than retail, which is upsetting, but I'm still happy as I have money left over from the other XL's that I would've missed out on otherwise ^^.

I'm really excited for it arriving tomorrow/wednesday.

Can't wait!

I have the 25th anniversary edition regular 3ds and the wind waker edition wiiu, so this will be a fantastic part of my collection :)

(I never decided to get the zelda 3ds XL, since it wasn't a new console and would mean an almost totally pointless purchase other than a collector's piece)

*Edit

The price has soared since I ordered it last week also, so I'm glad that I got it earlier, since people are now paying almost £100 more than the retail cost! Totally ridiculous!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a