Hardware To Those Who Bricked Thier Wiis?

Did your wii have an active internet connection?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The general consensus says that if you have a PAL Wii that was not online prior to a US update, you will likely brick your Wii... but I don't know for sure as I have a US Wii.

Smack

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
How do you brick it though? By playing a NTSC-U import or something? Just seems odd that just because the unit is not online that they are becoming bricked.

I must be missing something
tongue.gif

EDIT: here is what I was missing
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=48567

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Price you pay for theft...Nintendo would be a cold day in hell before they'd gladly replace it. Handhelds I can see a reason as the market is established, wide and healthy...modding isn't quite required to run things far as Nintendo goes so it's safe. But any time you're going to plop in a chip and have to flash things, you're playing with fire and randomly Nintendo, Sony or whoever will throw a nice gallon of gas in there for you to play with.

qusai

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I doubt nintendo did this on purpose, they probably just put an update on the game for people with wiis that havent updated because they dont have wifi, so when it was put into a PAL wii it updated as if it was NTSC and just fucked everything up.

defrb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mine is bricked , its a pal machine without internet+wiikey and i was very up to date sinds ive updated the system allready with the ssx pro and the moh patch before, people that updated manual to the latest version without internet did not have the problem.
I get an opera error screen wich tells it cant connect to a certain adress, while trying to boot.

when you have internet and it cant find the file its searching for it will download it, and when you are up to date manual, it will find the file on your system. Thats what ive understand so far after reading 18+hours on the internets.

The problem is clear now i would like to find a solution
smile.gif

Greetings,

David

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.