Hardware To those of you who have bricked their 3DSes...

• Thread starter PF2M
  • Start date
  • Views 10,091
  • Replies 44
  • Likes 4

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo is selling refurbished 2DSes for only $60.00, an excellent price for an eighth-generation gaming console. If you bricked your 3DS by trying to get arm9loaderhax or downgrade to 9.2 (like I did), this is a great opportunity to get another one.

Picture:
jjJqCK9.png

Buy them now here:
Crimson Red + Mario Kart 7 ($69.00)
Electric Blue + Mario Kart 7 ($69.00)
As of the latest thread update, there is currently no 2DSes without Mario Kart 7 bundled.

Hopefully this helps someone. I'm going to be picking one of these up as soon as I get the chance.

EDIT: If your 3DS is still under warranty, you can send that into Nintendo and get it repaired for free. However, if it isn't under warranty, then I'd suggest picking one of these up. They'd probably be cheaper.

Check the spoiler below to see the firmwares that have came with these 3DSes! So far, none of them have come in on firmware that isn't downgradable or CFWable.

tarovisions - came in as 8.1 (bought from the official eBay page)
PF2M - came in as 8.1
Jim~ - came in as 6.0
Jim~ - came in as 9.4

Last edited by PF2M,

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I kinda wonder what would happen if people who bricked sent their systems into nintendo. I mean we can downgrade from the latest FW so it's not a huge deal if they update it when fixing it....

D

Deleted-236924

I kinda wonder what would happen if people who bricked sent their systems into nintendo. I mean we can downgrade from the latest FW so it's not a huge deal if they update it when fixing it....
Until they release another firmware update. :P

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Can you send your bricked 3ds to Nintendo even if you pay? I feel like doing it.
Yeah. The worst that they would do is update you to 10.3, and you can downgrade from there. Hurry before 10.4 comes out though xD

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Or they just flashed a new nand (hopefully)

Wouldn't I be lucky.. Unless they're that fast.. There was nothing stating they denied service or repair. I was just assuming it would take a couple of days for them even look at it.. And that I'd get emails with updates. All I got was one for their receipt of the console and one for them shipping it back. There is a repair cost of $0 noted.. So maybe they fixed it.

Last edited by Kioku,
Reactions: Hyura and PF2M

Neru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't I be lucky.. Unless they're that fast.. There was nothing stating they denied service or repair. I was just assuming it would take a couple of days for them even look at it.. And that I'd get emails with updates. All I got was one for their receipt of the console and one for them shipping it back. There is a repair cost of $0 noted.. So maybe they fixed it.
Please notify us! I wanna know if they fixed your 3ds or not.

qqq1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just about to do a support ticket for mine. What did you put as the problem? When I try to pick something I find "black screen when turned on" but then when I try to make the actual ticket it changes itself to "black and white or blank screen". Well I guess that still is the issue but is that what you picked? I would think they fixed it for you if you didn't get any notice about it not being covered by the warranty. I'd think they'd be willing to take your money to fix it even if they saw you killed it. They probably have sd cards or some kind of dongle that forces the firmware in when it's plugged in and the device turned on.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm not interested in spending more of my hard earned money on yet another system only so it can get bricked like the rest. I think my GameCube and Super Monkey Ball 2 is all I need to be happy at this point. I lost a close friend, and 3 2ds systems to this untested downgrading function.

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you ever find out how it went?
Also, was your 3DS still under warranty?

Bubsy Bobcat

funny rabbit
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Nintendo is selling refurbished 2DSes for only $60.00, an excellent price for an eighth-generation gaming console. If you recently bricked your 3DS by trying to downgrade to 9.2 (like I did), this is a great opportunity to get a new one.

Picture:
jjJqCK9.png

Buy them now here:
Crimson Red
Electric Blue

Hopefully this helps someone. I'm going to be picking one of these up as soon as I get the chance.

EDIT: If you buy one of these, can you tell me what firmware version it's on? I'd love to know. Thanks ^_^
It'll more than likely come with 10.2-10.3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"