Suggestion To the people who build homebrew NSPs

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by NoNAND, Oct 4, 2018.

1. NoNAND
    OP

NoNAND No NAND allowed here!

Aug 22, 2015
    Ireland
    The Void
    Please guys build proper hb nsps with the exefs romfs and not just annoying forwarders that look for a file on the sd card

klear likes this.
  2. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    If you want it, build it :D
    I don't really care that it just forwarders to SD card. It is easy to update it.
    Also, there are some NSPs, which are whole apps, not just forwarders (tinfoil for example).

NoNAND likes this.
  3. NoNAND
    OP

Aug 22, 2015
    Ireland
    The Void
    Thats what i think is best. NSPs should be full apps not just forwarders because you are adding an extra thing on the system which is useless in case of forwarders
    Btw do you have any link to the latest tinfoil nsp if its legal to post here

klear likes this.
  4. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    Don't know how it was packed so I rather won't share it. But JJBredesen knows more ;)

Last edited by Kubas_inko, Oct 4, 2018
  5. hatredg0d

hatredg0d GBAtemp Regular

Oct 15, 2009
    United States
    Minnesota
    Personally I prefer forwarders because I just update the app on the sd card and done. Full app NSP/CIA/WUP/WAD files often seem to lack the update from itself feature. Meaning there are more steps every time you want to update something.

Huntereb and Taorn like this.
  6. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    Localhost
    There's 2 side to this:

Having a Full App installed, will require always to be updated via tinfoil, which mean we will have to always convert a new nsp.

Forwarders are just pointers to a file on the sd, meaning the file will be replaceable on the sdcard, as long as the name convention stays the same.

Last Tinfoil:
    https://buildserv.stayathomeserver.club/tinfoil/tinfoil-9728e05.zip

Taorn likes this.
  7. NoNAND
    OP

Aug 22, 2015
    Ireland
    The Void
    Fime fine...i just wanted homebrews to be like 3ds which you install the app and unlike the boring wii apps which always have forwarders..

8. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    Do forwarders still give the extra ram?

9. FahQ

FahQ Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2018
    United States
    I don't see why it wouldn't considering the environment is that of a game still instead of the album, but I'm kinda wondering this myself.

10. Nerdtendo

Nerdtendo Your friendly neighborhood idiot

Sep 29, 2016
    United States
    Uh oh. Don't try to ask for things in the internet. Usually you get hit with that "do it yourself" card.

11. jakkal
    This message by jakkal has been removed from public view by Joe88, Oct 7, 2018, Reason: Off topic bickering.
    Oct 6, 2018
  12. SaffronXL

SaffronXL Falcon 45

Nov 17, 2016
    United States
    They do.

13. Nerdtendo
    This message by Nerdtendo has been removed from public view by Joe88, Oct 7, 2018, Reason: Off topic bickering.
    Oct 6, 2018
  14. Wheth

Wheth Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2012
    Italy
    Considering he's literally asking people to devote time to do something really unnecessary every time a homebrew gets updated, the "do it yourself" is warranted.