ROM Hack To the mod who did label on cheat section.

popochan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
See result of what you did in cheat forum shoutbox.
I'll just quit here as well.
Bye all.

cheatforum.png

Edit the last time.

You can see from this pic.

cheatforum2.png

If you still don't know why, then let me tell you.
Let's back to the first cause, why the "Temp DB" is down. First, yes, too much work for one person to maintain. This includes raid forum comments and QC to make sure all codes in DB work. Even if it's silly as requesters did.

Second, temp DB leads to non feedback. No one bothers to go to forum when they can just grab DB and use it. Even side effect of code or the code doesn't work. Well, with the TempDB is down coders still get almost none feedback. (Thanks is nice but which is work, which is not, also appreciated too.)

Not that coders want fame/credit, it's the one who play game and use the codes knows the best of what code they use effect the game. Which means reading the cheat forum. (This is one point I only share DB I use in cheat forum. Another is I can't QC all codes posted on the forum, which is why my update will never be complete.)

All and all, direct download and notification e-mails will get people read the forum? Let alone giving feedbacks?

And last, does the DB gets QCed yet?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
What's going on here? Did I miss something?
mellow.gif
I imagine he's upset at ED's post, but i've no idea. I would have atuomatically assumed ED was a moderator of some description over there, but again i've no idea.

Either way 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' isn't the place for this thread.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
tk_saturn said:
What's going on here? Did I miss something?
mellow.gif
I imagine he's upset at ED's post, but i've no idea. I would have atuomatically assumed ED was a moderator of some description over there, but again i've no idea.

Either way 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' isn't the place for this thread.
So it's the Temp's fault that ED quit?
unsure.gif

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the shooshbox was vague on details...
frown.gif

but i suppose it had something to do with GBAtemp staff?
unsure.gif

on the cheat forum i think
unsure.gif

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So it's the Temp's fault that ED quit?
unsure.gif
I've no idea, but at a guess I would lay the blame at the n00bs. People complaining xxx doesn't work or is missing must have got on his nerves.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C+P From shooshbox -> start from bottom
going to sleep, laters.

popochan
Today at 08:53:04 PM
*sigh* Any of mods from GBATemp then. Really, do they have any sense of respect at all? They didn't even credit you who did all works before.
elixirdream
Today at 08:44:58 PM
Not me.... that is the reason i quit...
popochan
Today at 08:44:08 PM
Ugh. I'm sorry if I make you angry. Please don't go. *
elixirdream
Today at 08:34:39 PM
this time i am going to quit the cheat forum for good........ good bye

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
basher11 said:
C+P From shooshbox -> start from bottom

popochan
Today at 08:53:04 PM
*sigh* Any of mods from GBATemp then. Really, do they have any sense of respect at all? They didn't even credit you who did all works before.
elixirdream
Today at 08:44:58 PM
Not me.... that is the reason i quit...
popochan
Today at 08:44:08 PM
Ugh. I'm sorry if I make you angry. Please don't go. *
elixirdream
Today at 08:34:39 PM
this time i am going to quit the cheat forum for good........ good bye
Still doesn't make much sense...

And I'm pretty sure anyone worth mattering at GBAtemp (i.e. not random clueless noobs) has been pretty good at giving proper credit to the cheatcode makers and CheatDB maintainers.
Now if it IS the random clueless noobs that's the problem... well, there's not much to say. This IS the internet after all.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basher11 said:
elixerdream's the boss there.

Actually, Elix quit.

tk_saturn said:
QUOTE(A Gay Little Cat Boy @ Oct 11 2010, 01:27 AM) So it's the Temp's fault that ED quit?
unsure.gif
I've no idea, but at a guess I would lay the blame at the n00bs. People complaining xxx doesn't work or is missing must have got on his nerves.

It wasn't the n00bs. He quit because the code creators aren't respected for creating codes, they get hardly any credit for anything they create, most people just take what they want and leave, no thanks or anything, but give themselves credit. A few reasons why he quit was due to lack of respect for the code creators and lack of contribution. No one knows who put the New Cheat Database notice there.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am guilty of just taking and using the DB, but that was only because I never knew there was a place to put the thanks. If anything, the lack of advertisements for the cheats forum and a dedicated subforum here at home base is a direct cause of disgruntlement. Shoot, the only advertisement for the cheats forum is a small link underneath the Guides and FAQs section on the (homepage) where it is grouped with two other links that I think are lined with an inch of dust. I myself have even had to ask for a link to it. If I have to ask for a link that lies in [less than] plain sight on the homepage on the site that I frequented so much before I joined... Then you know there is a serious problem.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I make Wii/DS/Retro codes, I usually make them for the fun of it and to see how I can experiment with the game. But I don't really take the time to submit any of them, reputation is not everything =\

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It wouldn't surprise me if many of the issues are because it's on a seperate forum, and i'm assuming the login ID's are seperate too. What percentage of GBAtemp members are aware of the Cheats forum? how many were aware before ED quit?

If it were me Instead of having the page you have now at cheats.gbatemp.net, i'd have that redirect to the cheats forum homepage and have the cheat DB's somewhere on their forum homepage. I'd also ask costello to add a cheats button to the navbar which takes you directly to the cheats forum.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
It wouldn't surprise me if many of the issues are because it's on a seperate forum, and i'm assuming the login ID's are seperate too. What percentage of GBAtemp members are aware of the Cheats forum? how many were aware before ED quit?

I belive they are separate. I signed up to the cheat forum with the same username I have on here. I, also, believe many of the issues are because it's a separate forum. the code creators don't make the codes for reputation, but they would like appreciation for their hard work, I don't blame them. If someone kept taking and kept taking without even saying thank you for doing this, I'd see a problem, too.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It would be interesting to know if the traffic to GBAtemp has gone down since ED quit, there must of been quite a few people downloading them.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
popochan said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/ele...cheatforum2.png

If you still don't know why, then let me tell you.
Let's back to the first cause, why the "Temp DB" is down. First, yes, too much work for one person to maintain. This includes raid forum comments and QC to make sure all codes in DB work. Even if it's silly as requesters did.

Second, temp DB leads to non feedback. No one bothers to go to forum when they can just grab DB and use it. Even side effect of code or the code doesn't work. Well, with the TempDB is down coders still get almost none feedback. (Thanks is nice but which is work, which is not, also appreciated too.)

Not that coders want fame/credit, it's the one who play game and use the codes knows the best of what code they use effect the game. Which means reading the cheat forum. (This is one point I only share DB I use in cheat forum. Another is I can't QC all codes posted on the forum, which is why my update will never be complete.)

All and all, direct download and notification e-mails will get people read the forum? Let alone giving feedbacks?

And last, does the DB gets QCed yet?
Seriously... THAT is what you're crying about?

1). The Temp DB didn't exist when Narin was actively maintaining the cheat database, so don't blame shit on the Temp DB.
2). When the Main DB stopped being updated, and the Temp DB started people stopped using the Main DB just like people stopped using the Temp DB.
3). Because of the fact that there was a Temp DB and a Main DB before that, it's not like people ever had a huge desire to visit the forums if all they wanted was cheats. Nothing has changed.
4). QQ moar.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :shy: