To Spoof or not to Spoof ? Want DLC and Online Play but fear ban is coming ...

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Xplic1T, Mar 21, 2016.

?

Well ?

1. Spoof

20 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Don't Spoof ... Just Yet

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Buy a Second Console for Online Play

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Xplic1T
    OP

Xplic1T GBAtemp Regular

May 26, 2006
    One question ... to spoof or not to spoof ? I self host gx2 on my old tablet so my console has never been online. I want to get some dlc and play online for some of my games but I'm afraid Nintendo hasn't made their final move yet.

The Wii U (eshop/network) is here to stay for a while if not indefinitely so I feel like the only logical choice they have would be to ban.

You can make the argument that it's safe to go online since you need the actual disc/eshop to do so, but it's moot because data could be collected. The patch isn't stealthed and who knows what NNU is doing to the console to gain temp e-shop access. They could just be waiting till later to let down the hammer (360 reference).

What are your thoughts ?

2. kimotori

kimotori GBAtemp Regular

Nov 28, 2012
    Europa
    don't spoof, not now! :)

3. Kakkoii

Kakkoii Old fart

Sep 14, 2007
    Canada
    It just patches the other version checks in memory that don't rely on checking the version.bin that you spoofed. It's temporary and makes you look like you're on the latest version to the eshop. When you play games, they check the version.bin you have spoofed and report you as being on latest firm as well. There will not be any bans, just go for it.

(not to mention Nintendo has their sights set on the Nintendo NX now.)

And if you understand anything about WiiU homebrew, you can even check out the source code here:
    https://github.com/FIX94/nnu-patcher

Last edited by Kakkoii, Mar 21, 2016
    Dead_MK and thaikhoa like this.
  4. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 16, 2008
    Why not? Spoofing and playing online for months without an issue.

TotalInsanity4 and Maximilious like this.
  5. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    yeah they wont ban you becuase what matters is the game code since its an official disc/download it will be unique id so yeah, companys only ban when people go online with backups.

6. handy333

handy333 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 8, 2010
    United States
    Over in Wonderlust
    I spoofed a while back. I regret it now.

7. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    lol why? theres nothing to regert.. no drawbackes ...

8. handy333

handy333 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 8, 2010
    United States
    Over in Wonderlust
    Well I had a work around to run a game I was working on through loadiine but now for some reason it crashes.

9. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    that has nothig to do with the spoof lol spoof only updates the version bin file thats it, loadiine doesnt even check the version bin file lol tahts why even on 5.3.2 you can play a 5.4.0 game on loadiine without spoof ...

thaikhoa likes this.
  10. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    I've been spoofed for.months too playing online the whole time. It's a risk you take but I've never seen Nintendo ban anybody even during the wii homebrew hayday.

They may ban, nobody knows but who cares. It's not like Nintendos online community is rocking anyway. Small risk IMHO

11. Xplic1T
    OP

Xplic1T GBAtemp Regular

May 26, 2006
    People get banned from Miiverse all the time if they get 1 negative report. For instance this kid with the 102-2812 error.

I think the next update may be their last ... will probably update then if spoof still works and then get Pokken and Mario maker really cheap.

12. Kakkoii

Kakkoii Old fart

Sep 14, 2007
    Canada
    Nobody has yet to get banned from Miiverse simply for having a spoofed system version nor NNU eshop. The person's ban is completely unrelated to WiiU modding, so not sure why you brought it up, it's a generic ban error. He even said in the comments section it was banned for having too many different users on the console, whatever that's supposed to mean.

13. VinsCool

VinsCool Insecure

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    Spoofed day one. Use eshop and play on a regular basis. Never been banned.

loler55 likes this.
  14. loler55

loler55 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2012
    Gambia, The
    Me2 (gives MM online a chance;))