Hacking To retro & pong (if you could reply please)

loloknight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! well I've been a member for.. like 2 years now, mostly lurker. As I did b4 if not noted by both of you, I'd like to thank you for your updates and keeping my ttds alive, living in mexico was either choosing on r4 or ttds and well I went this way long time ago and because of you guys I haven't had the painfull need to buy another cart and being scared of getting ripped off or the pacage never getting here, since well our mail service sucks!

I'm glad the pokemon hype is down now, I wanted to check the games out but it was not a priority 'cuz i have no problem on waiting for the english release and im a patient guy ,^^. But now the questions everyone is asking is if you will continue to update the files, cuz some games have not beeing fixed atm (one that im w8ing for is spiderman shattered dimensions and some others, plus the ones comming in the future).

/\ too long to read = thx for everything u've made, are you comming back to make updates?, or im better off starting to investigate where to aquire a super card and be certain that it will be shipped ,^^.

I know ppl can be overwhelmed I know you are not obligated to work on this, nor.. answer this topic, im not trying to be annoying, really... hope you both are doing well and from this hole that i got to be born in, I send my thanks along with a friendly hug ;].

edit= thought you might ask why post a topic?, in some time now and then when ppl stop playing pokemon they will want another update on the files, this way they read your answer here and do not spam your pm inbox... tht was my intention... =]

Clookster

Your Clookster
Banned
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
DSTT = US$5
R4DS = US$5
AK2.1 = US$10

One Game = US$30-50

One DS lite = US$100

Really, why do you think it's such a problem to buy a second card? When you live in Mexico, it shouln't be a problem at all. You don't live in Iran or Pakistan, you know..?

And there's no need to get the most expensive card.

Just get a second, different one. That's better for you and Pong & Retro as well.
ph34r.gif

loloknight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
U.u .... nope this is not afganistan, I dont know how things are there and neither do you. As I said the carts that are sold here in stores where I can go put some money down (wich is not a problem I know how much a game is and how much I save up with a cart) are R4 and DSTT. If I want another cart it has to be shipped here, bought on an online store, and my previous attempts of buying online ended with fights on my post office, not getting my package, paying more money when the package arived, reciving the item open and the box destroyed (optimus prime toy), the only place I got the package sent in the time they said it will ship here was a nds cart of bleach ds2 from play asia. And it was bcuz it got directly to my place, in mexico that kind of service is EXPENSIVE as much as paying more for the shipping handling than for the product you are aquiring.

too long to read? = you dont live here and you dont know the pain the mailing service is stop your flaming, as my post is directed to pong and retro.

Clookster

Your Clookster
Banned
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
Schizoanalysis said:
I agree.
It seems disrespectful to expect them to work for hours and hours for free just so you can save a few dollars.

It't can't be the money. It's nothing, even in poor countries it can't be that much.

Pleople don't want to do something "real" over the internet. Like spending 5 bucks.

They just want to push some buttons or write long letters without any consequences on their own life.

@loloknight: Shipping is FREE at Shoptemp. If your pacel gets stolen: Order another one. It's 5 bucks.

loloknight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@darth- again.. lol 2-5 weeks, no tracking number, normal mailing service, means i have to go to my post office and check every week after the 2nd if they got it cuz they dont let you know and they could send the package back (happened before), the supercard is 34.95 bucks not 5 bucks as you said, If going that road i dont care paying for a GOOD cart that wont give me problems, and to be shure that it will head directly to my home i have to pay another 28-30 bucks for DHL/UPS so thats around 60-70 bucks

Clookster

Your Clookster
Banned
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
There's no need to buy the best card.

Get a second one.

It's 5-10 US$. If you want to spend more: Better give the cash to Nintendo.

Shipping is 2-5 weeks to Switzerland as well, there's nothing special about Mexico.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
loloknight said:
Again.. this is meant to ask RETRO AND PONG look at your username and ask yourself b4 posting again if you should be writing here

Then write them a PM, and don't clutter up a public forum with your personal messages.

If I were you I wouldn't hold your breath for a reply though.

But seriously, Wood R4 runs on a $5 card.

loloknight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
,^^ as you probably didn't read my first post since I have mentioned parts of it again and again lets mention the last part.

edit= thought you might ask why post a topic?, in some time now and then when ppl stop playing pokemon they will want another update on the files, this way they read your answer here and do not spam your pm inbox... tht was my intention... =]

The reason they got mad and stoped doing the updates its bcuz people beggin and whining and what not, a pm is rather PERSONAL, and I have no b4 personal interactions with them, hence they would probly ignore it thinking is another guy begging (wich.. I am i guess.. xD) hence the making of this post, If I were them i wouldnt want another pm on my inbox, and when the pokemon hype wears down they will probably get floded with those. READ THE WHOLE POST FIRST

loloknight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so 1 topic asking a question wich they can ignore > X+1 private msgs that generate x+1 mails in the account mail
bigger a hassle-------------------->lesser

this is your logic?

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
loloknight said:
The reason they got mad and stoped doing the updates its bcuz people beggin and whining and what not, a pm is rather PERSONAL, and I have no b4 personal interactions with them, hence they would probly ignore it thinking is another guy begging (wich.. I am i guess.. xD) hence the making of this post, If I were them i wouldnt want another pm on my inbox, and when the pokemon hype wears down they will probably get floded with those. READ THE WHOLE POST FIRST

On the contrary, I wouldn't want someone making a callout to me (if I were Pong or Retro) on a public forum. GBATemp is NOT Twitter and this thread isn't a mention. PM were invented for that. Don't be afraid to message them, the worst thing that you can get is no response from them. However, asking them out on a public forum and then whining about your personal problems (shipping and stuff, I read) is not the way to go if you expect people to not comment on your actions (aka criticising you)

loloknight

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aight then close this thing i think a mod can do it right?

When the pkmon hype ends there's not only going to be pms to them but also threads here asking again and again the same question, I thought it would be better to get a response now and sticky it, but you guys know better. Plus if they answer with a negative, a new team could start learning/working etc. etc. but w/e I'll let one week pass and if not seeing any response from a new team or they wont come back ill order the sc.

If you happen to see this thread pong or retro or both again thanks for your work, as stated b4 i didn't mean to angry you in any way and good luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.