To remove traces of gateway can i just format the system?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by rip-it-up, Dec 31, 2014.

1. rip-it-up
    OP

rip-it-up GBAtemp Regular

Oct 19, 2009
    manchester
    Quick one.
    I have been using a 4.5 3ds and want to sell it.
    Can I just format the 3ds to get the ds profile to work normally again.
    thanks

2. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    Just run a DS game and it will uninstall the exploit. But if anything, sell it on ebay because you'll get plenty of money for it being Gateway compatible.

Margen67 and rip-it-up like this.
  3. Livin in a box

Livin in a box Livin' in a cardboard box

Jul 18, 2008
    Purgatory
    I believe so, yes...trying to get its maximum value now are you before Gateway release their update ;D

4. rip-it-up
    OP

rip-it-up GBAtemp Regular

Oct 19, 2009
    manchester

I repair them in my free time and have recently bought a gateway for my personal new3dsxl (9.0)
    I just have been tested how it all works on a standard 4.5 3ds lying around. I was just curios if a format is all thats needed.
    All firmware versions of my 3ds have been selling really well recently for me, Not sure if my 4.5s will fetch the the higher price now.
    Thanks for the reply guys

5. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    Oh, it will fetch a high price. Gateway said for any 4.X users to stay where they were, so they'll still be highly desirable when they release the 9.X update.

6. Gamemaster1379

Gamemaster1379 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 5, 2008
    United States
    United States
    Such is speculation. It's been wildly interpreted, but I still believe it simply meant for 4.X users to not rush out and update immediately, since it is not instantly available.