To open 3ds or not open is the question?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Swoosh94, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Swoosh94
    OP

Swoosh94 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2014
    Whats up guys,

Just got a 3ds luigi edition (Europe). I have ordered Mario 3d land and mario kart 7 and they are due to be delivered on tuesday.

Is there any point opening the 3ds yet? I mean is there anything i can get from the eshop that will be good?

2. slingblade1170

slingblade1170 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Opening as taking apart? There is no reason just buy a flashcart, don't ruin your warranty.

3. Swoosh94
    OP

Swoosh94 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2014
    Opening as in switching on for the first time

4. Sychophantom

Sychophantom I'm a plant.

Mar 7, 2008
    United States
    Born on the Bayou
    He wasn't talking about piracy. He was asking if there was a reason to open the box yet.

There are some free things in the eShop (Steel Diver Sub Wars, Rusty's Baseball, Youtube, Netflix, Hulu.), plus maybe you can get a start on your Streetpass plaza.

There are threads in the stickies devoted to popular opinion on what's good on the eShop, but given what you've stated you've ordered, you might like some of the Virtual Console offerings.

5. Swoosh94
    OP

Swoosh94 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2014
    Great reply.

Do nintendo list the games they have for download/sell on their website? do they also list their prices? (UK)

6. slingblade1170

slingblade1170 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    My bad I thought you meant taking it apart for some reason. Sorry about that.

7. Sychophantom

Sychophantom I'm a plant.

Mar 7, 2008
    United States
    Born on the Bayou
    Yes, and yes, at least in the US version. Sorting is a bit of a pain in the ass, though. Also, you can't order on the website, which I only mention because I've had to explain that to a few local people in my travels. Still, the website gives pictures and occasionally video of what's available.

Also, sale prices aren't always reflected on the website, so you may find things cheaper in the eShop on occasion. I'm not certain the UK version would be different.

8. hippy dave

hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

Apr 30, 2012
    The other day I bought a download code for Pullblox from the Nintendo UK website. Last night I tried to do the same for another game but couldn't see an option to buy. Confusing.

It was handy as I paid for Pullblox with PayPal, so I didn't have to go find my bank card to pay in the eshop.