To online or not to online

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories & Hardware' started by yusuo, Sep 18, 2018.

?
  1. Hell yeah

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  2. Maybe

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. Nah

15 vote(s)
    71.4%
  1. yusuo
    OP

yusuo Jam Master Jay

Oct 19, 2006
    United States
    So now we have paid online, I want to find peoples opinions on whether they will ever use their consoles online again.

I have a SX OS and I'm debating of going down the nsp route as I get eshop and retail games within the same menu, and games aren't segregated. However this would increase my chances of getting banned.

Because of this I don't want to pay money to get enviably just get banned.

Which is why I want to get a few other peoples opinions. I don't play online on my switch so it's not a big issue if I do, but I'd still prefer to have the option in case I ever change my mind

What say you internet

Last edited by yusuo, Sep 18, 2018
  2. m_babble

m_babble Elder Phantom

Dec 12, 2004
    United States
    I pretty much accepted that online wouldn't be a thing once I started using my SX Pro and I'm fine with it.
    Infinite free games > getting my ass handed to me by racist teenagers.

MushGuy, thorasgar and Owenge like this.
  3. yusuo
    OP

yusuo Jam Master Jay

Oct 19, 2006
    United States
    And I'm of the same mindset, but what if we're only round the corner of having a legit way to prevent being banned, Its just the thought of shooting myself in the foot for the unknown of what the future could bring

4. Owenge

Owenge GbaTemp browser

Feb 13, 2017
    United States
    ◤__◥
    I'm just waiting for Smash to come out then I'll hack the shit out of the switch

5. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    One of my kids is a big Splatoon fan so we don’t have much of a choice, I enjoy it as well but have not been so into it lately. Will probably fork over the $35 for a family membership as we have 2 OFW and 1 CFW Switch’s. I don’t think any of his friends have Switches so it’s not like we can split it with another family unfortunately.

Once interest in Splatoon fades Nintendo is going to have a tough sell on its hands if they don’t make it more consumer friendly.

Last edited by thorasgar, Sep 18, 2018
  6. CaptainSodaPop

CaptainSodaPop Mario Kart 7 Coin Collector

Aug 10, 2012
    Croatia
    I think as long as you use only legit games for online and separate NAND's for everything you would be fine. But still, just my opinion.

7. radicalwookie

radicalwookie GBAtemp Fan

Sep 15, 2018
    United States
    My family are big Splatoon fans so Ill be using online for sure :)

8. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Basically waiting until EmuNAND to blow off the dust from my console. While constantly reflashing a clean NAND everytime I go online is one way to avoid being banned, its cumbersome in comparison to having a dualboot system.

MushGuy likes this.