To Many Games Nowadays???

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Ikonz101, Nov 19, 2007.

Nov 19, 2007

To Many Games Nowadays??? by Ikonz101 at 3:39 PM (1,745 Views / 0 Likes) 18 replies

1. Ikonz101
    OP

Newcomer Ikonz101 Member

United States
    Is it me or are there to many games nowadays to be committed to just one? I mean every time you turn around a new game is being released or hyped.. I remember back in the day you had to wait a little while before another game was released..Just seems to get overwhelming at times..I would like to hear what people have to say on this topic...

Thanks
    Ikonz101

2. Digeman

Member Digeman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    Too many games huh?.....THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS TO MANEH GAMES!!!! RRAAAAAAHH!!!!!

....I think I made my point clear [​IMG]

3. moozxy

Member moozxy hamboning

United Kingdom
    Well half of them are crap so just concentrate on the ones you enjoy. I usually spend about 10 minutes on every new game and if I'm not interested by then I delete it.

4. Ikonz101
    OP

Newcomer Ikonz101 Member

United States
    I guess if you have the time then that isn't a bother..I was speaking mostly that they are just bombarding use with games and like moozxy said most are crap or the same game with a different name..Mostly FPS..Need to bring back the good old 2D games..

Ikonz101

5. sirAnger

Member sirAnger GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I agree that gaming today is overwhelming, not because there's more games, but because back in the day I had a lot more free time. Now that I have a job and often work 50-60 hrs per week, that leaves very little time for games.

As long as they're good, though, I'll make time for them. Sleep be damned.

6. square

Member square The Professor

United States
    I agree I get up at 430 get to work at 8ish, *long commute* work till 5, school till 10 and then team fortress till 2am. That's my monday!

7. Ace Gunman

Former Staff Ace Gunman ~••Lucky҉Shot••~

Canada
    There's no such thing as too many games. That's like saying someone can be TOO rich. Or that someone is having TOO MUCH sex. It's never too much. [​IMG] The problem really is that as you get older you get busier, so there's just not as much time for gaming. But that's not the fault of the games, that's just the nature of life. [​IMG]

8. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    You know you don't HAVE to play everything that comes out, just put them to one side and play them when theres a game shortage, which there always seem to be for a few months.

9. El-ahrairah

Member El-ahrairah GBAtemp Fan

United States
    What I do is I load up my card with a ton of games, pick one that looks good and play it until I get to a part that has me stumped/frustrated. Then I just switch to a new game for a while. I repeat that for a few games then I eventually get around to playing the first and find that what I was stuck on wasn't really that bad. Then I play it until I get stuck/tired again.

That tends to keep me interested and keep the games fresh. Many of my games are mini-games or games that I can pick up and play during my lunch at work (Phoenix Wright, for example)

I mainly have a hard time dealing with the games that are trying to tell some epic tale (most RPGs), have too many little stats to manage (RPGs, monster collection games), games that have a horrible save system (Resident Evil DS, Mega Man ZX, etc) or games that require you to play everyday (Animal Crossing)

10. dice

Former Staff dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

United Kingdom
    All the games don't have to be played at the same time, IMO it's a good thing especially during periods when you've finished all your current games and there's a drought of new releases.

11. AlexElder

Newcomer AlexElder Advanced Member

Canada
    Its called the Christmas holiday season. Companies load up on game releases from Sept - Dec. During the rest of the year there is usually one or two major releases a month.

There is a usually a HUGE game release somewhere in Sept which could be why a lot of people do so badly in school at the start of the year. [​IMG]

12. Ikonz101
    OP

Newcomer Ikonz101 Member

United States
    I know about the Christmas Season rush to get games out..Bestselling time of the year for video games.. I am talking about games in general..How one game comes out then there is another you want to play but then you want to finish the other game..then another comes out..you get overwhelmed...just like they do with any industry...they suck it dry until there is nothing left that is new..just like in the movie industry.. Just rushing video games out to make back there millions they spent to make the game..

Ikonz101

13. DarkAura

Member DarkAura Offline

Canada
    Too many games? Isn't that a good thing? It's marketing strategies too.

14. Seven

Member Seven oh hell no

United States
    Yeah, there are definitely too many games. The only problem is, there aren't enough GOOD games, anything that's worth taking out of a bargain bin to play enjoyably for more than three days. If only the industry would shape up and take player opinions or something instead of focusing on movie licensed games or that type of stuff.

15. leetdude_007

Member leetdude_007 Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An

United States
    too many games cos you're a stealing son-of-a-bitch. yarrrr.

16. Ikonz101
    OP

Newcomer Ikonz101 Member

United States
    I am not talking about my collection... [​IMG] I am talking about the industry... And your reply was pretty lame [​IMG]

Ikonz101

17. VVoltz

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    I personally agree. There are more games than 10 years ago. I mean, gaming now is a lot more popular, not only in USA, but in the whole world.

18. Torte

Member Torte GBAtemp Advanced Fan

New Zealand
    Well look at how many consoles there are now... heck, I can't even begin to count the number of first/second/third party developers out there!

19. Ikonz101
    OP

Newcomer Ikonz101 Member

United States
    This is absolutely true... Every time you turn on the TV a new game is being whored out to the public...But then again Generation Gimme wouldn't understand any of this because they were born into it..Part of the problem is that gamers nowadays demand so much from video games..God forbid they play something that doesn't have superior graphics or online play [​IMG]

Ikonz101

Remember when "online" meant for someone to come over and play a game [​IMG]