Hacking Question To Link or Unlink my Nintendo ID, I don't understand.

AcuRaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo says after 9/18/2018 I will NOT be able to unlink my Nintendo ID from my hacked switch. Is that good or bad? I have a lot of digital game purchases on my Nintendo ID. I plan one day to buy a new "unhacked" switch and play my legit games on there. So if I "unlink" my hacked switch now, my Nintendo ID will be safe to add to a new console? Am I understanding this correctly?

What do I do with my "hacked" switch, create a new Nintendo User ID for it?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo says after 9/18/2018 I will NOT be able to unlink my Nintendo ID from my hacked switch. Is that good or bad? I have a lot of digital game purchases on my Nintendo ID. I plan one day to buy a new "unhacked" switch and play my legit games on there. So if I "unlink" my hacked switch now, my Nintendo ID will be safe to add to a new console? Am I understanding this correctly?

What do I do with my "hacked" switch, create a new Nintendo User ID for it?
Again, why make a new thread just because someone didn't answer your question in an hour...Anyways, I'll just copy and paste my response from the Noobs Paradise:
This is misleading. On firmware 6.0, Nintendo removed the ability to unlink the Nintendo Account from your console. However Nintendo still retains the ability to unlink Nintendo Accounts which can be done by either calling or using the live text option. On top of this, Nintendo rarely ever bans the account, only the device it is being used on. However, once a console gets banned, you cannot unlink the account without calling Nintendo anyways so that much hasn't changed. Lastly, a Nintendo Account has no bearing on whether a console gets banned or not as you can get banned without any Nintendo Account associated with the console.

AcuRaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe you have this wrong. You keep saying "console" However Nintendo says:

"After installing the system update planned for September 18th, 2018 (Tuesday) at 5pm Pacific Time, it will no longer be possible to unlink your Nintendo Account from your Nintendo Switch User"

That's the question I'm having a problem with. Can I simply log out of my hacked Switch and log in to a new "unhacked" Switch with my Current USER that's linked to my Nintendo Account with all my Legit Game purchases?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe you have this wrong. You keep saying "console" However Nintendo says:

"After installing the system update planned for September 18th, 2018 (Tuesday) at 5pm Pacific Time, it will no longer be possible to unlink your Nintendo Account from your Nintendo Switch User"

That's the question I'm having a problem with. Can I simply log out of my hacked Switch and log in to a new "unhacked" Switch with my Current USER that's linked to my Nintendo Account with all my Legit Game purchases?
First, I highly doubt Nintendo would stop at unlinking Nintendo Accounts from Users as there are legitimate situations where unlinking is necessary such as the console being stolen, lost, or sold to someone else.

Secondly, Users are tied to the console not the Nintendo Account; Users are not universal, Nintendo Accounts are. Admittedly Nintendo was backwards in their implementation by forcing the console be tied to Users and not Nintendo Accounts. Because of this, all of the save data from the console's perspective is tied to the User while the purchases are tied to Nintendo Account. Even if you were to hypothetically make an identical User with the same Nintendo Account, everything will not "magically" transfer over because of how the system works. This is why you must unlink them first. Your alternative would be to transfer the User and associated Nintendo Account to the new console which you can do so by following this tutorial: https://en-americas-support.nintend...id/27394/~/how-to-transfer-user-and-save-data

Reactions: godreborn

AcuRaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the quick reply.

So then my final question is, if I plan to use my Nintendo Account on a new system, I must unlink my Nintendo Account now (before 9/18/2018) from my current banned Switch. Buy the new system and create a new User for that console and link my Nintendo Account to that new User?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So then my final question is, if I plan to use my Nintendo Account on a new system, I must unlink my Nintendo Account now (before 9/18/2018) from my current banned Switch. Buy the new system and create a new User for that console and link my Nintendo Account to that new User?
Correct. There is still plenty of time to unlink the Nintendo Account whether from your console or via Nintendo's Support Line but it must be unlinked in the next 3 days.

Astoria

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica

You can still unlink the account from your console after 9/18.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused. maybe it's mentioned somewhere, but do you have to unlink your account in order to do a system transfer?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused. maybe it's mentioned somewhere, but do you have to unlink your account in order to do a system transfer?
If you clicked on the link I provided, it'll explain that you can only transfer a User with a linked account; you cannot transfer unlinked Users. Also just to further clarify, you cannot transfer Nintendo Accounts as those are not tied to consoles, at least directly; they are tied to the User profiles they are linked to (which is part of the poor design of the Switch but I digress).

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs