Gaming To install Heavy Rain to an internal drive, do I need to delete my save data?

Sportsmaniac1322

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to read on how to get Heavy Rain installed and working on my internal drive, and I've heard a lot of conflicting things. A lot of people say all pre-jailbreak data from the game needs to be removed. Does that include the game save as well? If it does, is there a way to get around permanently deleting it?

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If not... Try this:

Credit goes to: Nib0r

I also have my backup from Heavy Rain working on an external hdd. This is how i made it work.

Take next steps
1: backup your original with backup manager v.1.
2: load original game disc with backup loader.
3: start game in xmb.
4: let the game install the gamedata.
5: After install go to xmb and delete "game option data" and "save data", so NOT the bigger gamedata.
6: Now the backup will work from external hdd started from backup manager.

By the bigger file i mean the data that is stored/installed to your harddrive of the ps3 when launching the game for the first time. This file can be found in the top of the game menu in xmb called "help program for gamedata". When you go to that file you can use traingle to see it's information and i will be something over 4gb. That file have too stay. The to small files are in the "help program for stored game data". These are the save and optionsave files. Delete those.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)