Sogdiana
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Before anyone starts putting in any useless comments because this is testing area, I kindly ask you not to, reason being that this is a serious topic that has bothered me for a long time, and although it should be General Off-topic, the potential for flame is high, and I am still willing to listen to what you have to say.

Recently I've got into an argument and this made me start to question my actions. First of all, I am a nationality called Uyghur who resides in Northwestern China. I moved to Uzbekistan because Uzbeks and Uyghur are extremely close in language and culture, and later on I've came to Canada. To this day, no matter how much the Chinese denies it, democracy is a farcry in that region. There exists a large amount of racism towards us from the Chinese, and they view us all as terrorists. (because we are Muslims) In EVERY history book written for the Chinese public educational system, our Province of Xinjiang belonged to China since the beginning of the time. This contradicts the name of the Province it self, which means "New territory". China used this place as a nuclear bomb testing ground which put oil on fire that was the anger of Uyghur Separatists. There have been demonstrations about this, and most people who were there were either killed or captured and later on tortured. In a land we resided for 6000 years (the Chinese denies this length and write it as 2000 or 3000 years), we are not even allowed to celebrate our culture or religion. My parents moved to Uzbekistan only to find that the people there are also under dictatorship. We immigrated to Canada later on and felt blissed by the freedom. I wanted to thank this country so much that I joined the Army. I quit for sometime to get University level education, only to find people laughing at me for being an idiot who puts his life on the line to defend someone else's country and said go defend my own fucking country. What country? My people never had a country since before the Tang dynasty when the Chinese first took over. When Canada provided a stable future for my family I was willing to put my life on the line for Canada's duties. Canada was willing to accept me as an equal citizen. If I had my own country I would be the first to fight for it, but I don't have one. Tell me, what am I doing wrong?

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't understand the question. They're mocking you for being part of the Canadian army because you're not originally from here? Is that what you're saying?

Sounds like it...that comment from those people is racist in itself. If you came to Canada and have been living here for a long time then in my book you are Canadian. What is wrong with people sometimes. Thank you for having the guts to join the Army in the first place.

janitormane

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry when amurka takes over Canada, and sends all the Canadians

down to Mexicanad all you guys can guard it for us. Don't want all

those Mexicanad extremist blowing up our new Nascar tracks.

Your Welcome

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Don't worry when amurka takes over Canada, and sends all the Canadians

down to Mexicanad all you guys can guard it for us. Don't want all

those Mexicanad extremist blowing up our new Nascar tracks.

Your Welcome

That was one of the most ignorant comments I've ever read here. Did you even read what Westside said? He said no bullshit in this topic.

It's no wonder the world looks at Americans the way they do. Are you all this stupid?

Anyway, come up here and try and take our country from us. We'll send you back to your stupid country with your tails between your legs.

Edit: I don't care if you were joking or not. If you think your comment will offend someone then DON'T say it.

Sefi

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd say don't let it bother you. You already realize that the people mocking you are idiots, and I'm sure most people that read this would also see them as that. There's nothing wrong with what you did, personally I think it's crazy that people would not be thankful.

I'm guessing most of the people mocking you never joined the army?

living-ghost

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It has been my experience that many Canadians who have no connection to the military just plain don't understand. They may have used that argument with you but I would bet it was just the first argument they could come up with.

I just graduated the University of Guelph and I loved how student bodies required to represent the entire student body did nothing but protest the military even though I met a good number of base brats and even a couple of ROTP students. On some occasions I suspect that Canada's military is being persecuted for some of the crap that goes on in the states but that is just me.

My rule of thumb for people who argue against what our military does is ignore it. There is not much point in trying to argue with them. That being said I laugh on the inside cause I know they will be screaming the loudest when they need the military to bail them out of the next flood, winter storm, cap sized boat, attack or whatever (for those unaware search and rescue in Canada falls under the control of the military).

Hang in there Westside and just remember you are the one defending their right to say such stupid things.

BoneMonkey

The cheese stash is a lie.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok let me break it down for you

no one cares your a muslim or your chinese or that the chinese hates you or your from canada this forum is about video games and if you came here for a serious discusion well then your a idiot

this thread is now about sleeping slowpoke

6t52yb9.gif

also this topic is in the test area so i will say this

my hand smells funny cuase i touched my butt

Westside

Sogdiana
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
wtf.gif
thank you bonemonkey for the enlightening speech. However, this community is the one I feel the closest to. It would've been more appropriate to post this on ww.army.ca forums, but most of them are jarheads who thinks all civilians are hippies and don't deserve respect. I'm kinda in the middle and was looking for a normal response.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

no one cares your a muslim or your chinese or that the chinese hates you or your from canada this forum is about video games and if you came here for a serious discusion well then your a idiot

6t52yb9.gif

You're wrong BoneMonkey, and if you feel that way, you're the fool here. You can and SHOULD have serious discussions here. Meaningful topics can be started anywhere. What do you think the off-topic section is for? It's for everything not video game related. This place isn't just about DS and Wii video games, and it never will be. There's more to this place than video games and tomfoolery.
lecture.gif

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

6t52yb9.gif

You're wrong BoneMonkey, and if you feel that way, you're the fool here. You can and SHOULD have serious discussions here. Meaningful topics can be started anywhere. What do you think the off-topic section is for? It's for everything not video game related. This place isn't just about DS and Wii video games, and it never will be. There's more to this place than video games and tomfoolery.
lecture.gif

That's beautiful
cry.gif

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
wtf.gif
thank you bonemonkey for the enlightening speech. However, this community is the one I feel the closest to. It would've been more appropriate to post this on ww.army.ca forums, but most of them are jarheads who thinks all civilians are hippies and don't deserve respect. I'm kinda in the middle and was looking for a normal response.

Westside I doubt those people are as much against you being in the military as they are against the military in general. 70 years ago it was an honor to be in the military, but in this day and age many people look at them at the bullies of the world (thanks to the Bush administration). Not since Vietnam have the North American armies lacked support as much as they do now. So I wouldn't take it personally.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
wtf.gif
thank you bonemonkey for the enlightening speech.  However, this community is the one I feel the closest to.  It would've been more appropriate to post this on ww.army.ca forums, but most of them are jarheads who thinks all civilians are hippies and don't deserve respect.  I'm kinda in the middle and was looking for a normal response.

So you paid your debt to a country that secured you a future, if anybody tries to say shit like "go fight for your own country" just tell them you were paying back a debt.

And you arn't doing anything wrong, either, those people are just f***heads.

/censor.

Extreme Coder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
BoneMonkey, sometimes some of your posts are funny, but don't go everywhere trying to ruin topics. Nobody's laughing.

Oh, and Westside, I'd suggest ignoring these annoying dumbheads. I'm not sure why they'd not appreciate extra help for their country's Army..

and TBH, I also get sick of some stupid people online referring to me as a Terrorist just because I'm Muslim.

laminaatplaat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you realy think you have a debt to Canada and the only way to repay it is to join the army then I think you are wrong. Having a job and paying your taxes as a civilian (thats what it is called when you didnt go to the army?) you can also do good and repay your debt. I'm not sure however what you mean by that.

I think you should also consider that possibility that you would have to kill people with people higher in command then you who makes the desission. Personaly I don't think I would want that. And I do think that is something you should think about.

Ofcourse it is great if you want to serve the people you feel conected to, the canadians. But I think that you could also do that by being something completely else.

On a personal note: One of the great things about Canada is that it is as big as the US and you never hear anything about it on the news! And I do believe that it has something to do with the size of their military and their agressiveness towards other countrys.

EDIT: I'm Dutch and dont realy have positive and negative feeling toward my country, so thats rather differnt then with you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"