to copy games to another drive can you just clone the drive

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by madeirabhoy, Sep 7, 2009.

1. madeirabhoy
    OP

Member madeirabhoy GBAtemp Fan

my mate wants a copy of my games. i dont want to use wbfs manager for osx to extract all games back onto my mac then use it again to put the games onto his drive. Can i just use disk utility to clone the drive????

2. roku93

Member roku93 GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    If disk utility doesn't care about the filesystem then why not. Give it a go.

3. nubecoder

Newcomer nubecoder Advanced Member

United States
    As long as the drives are the same size and (like roku93 said above) the cloning tool can read / write raw data, there should be no problems.

If the drives are different sizes I could see you running into some problems, but I suppose as long as the destination drive is larger, it shouldn't be an issue.

I have used SelfImage in the past to clone drives, it is supposed to be able to clone all kinds of partitions, so it might be what you are looking for.

Just a little note: SelfImage is the only tool I've come across that has no trouble cloning the active windows system partition.

Also it seems the developer's site is down [​IMG] I hope that it is not permanent cuz I really like this tool.