Hacking To chip or not to chip

CDZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
that is the question...

At the moment I'm using Wii Gator's amazing launchers (Rebooting with hooks sill doesn't work for me, god knows why but I can live with it) so is there really any need for me to get a chiped drive?

I'm a epoxy resin guy so i'd have to buy a complete drive+chip combo, which aren't cheap but what benifits (Besides disc channel launching) would there be? Will FMV scenes stutter less etc???

Any feedback would be gratefully received.

CDZ

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Naw. Not really the way this is going it seems the Softmod is going to be the best for you, especially since the Gamecube Launcher was released. plus maybe its me but I cant tell much of a difference from 3x speed and 6x speed.

SirTempest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
you don't need a new drive. good modders remove some of the epoxy and solder the chip directly to the drivechip or to some "alternative soldering points"

and i'm happy with my d2pro. i don't have to be afraid of updates and i don't have to mess around with installers, cIOS or other things, that could lead to a brick.

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One word... FlatMii... I've never been happier.

Also... FlatMii + Softmod is the best I've seen. ISO and backup loading... perfect.

Plus it doesn't require you to solder anything. So you don't have to worry about breaking the Wii.

MasterHand300

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
jinxvorheeze said:

Also... FlatMii + Softmod is the best I've seen. ISO and backup loading... perfect.

Plus it doesn't require you to solder anything. So you don't have to worry about breaking the Wii.

1 word chip it

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chip will always be the best option, ive never had a single problem with my wasabi modded, all 300+ wii games and 250+ gc games work perfectly w/o having to edit the iso or anything, just burn image, pop in the disc, and play. period

jinxvorheeze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MasterHand300 said:
jinxvorheeze said:

1 word chip it

Alright, chip it is 2 words. And your telling someone who has alreasy said they can't solder to put in a chip is an extremely bad idea. It will cost him atleast 3x as much for the drive+chip combo, when a softmod and FlatMii will do the same, plus more. Can your chip load ISO's? No. It can't. So to recap:
1. Softmod plays about 99% of games
2. FlatMii is only about $50 US or a Chipped Drive is $150
3. Play's ISO Images
4. Plug and play with no soldering required at all

Also, you didn't need to fucking quote me to tell him you think he should use a modchip. Stop trying to be an ass, it's not going to make you friends.

john25usa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
meh just use the softmod alone its free and works just fine flatmii while you save disks you'll pay the price in your electicity bill. and in summer it makes your room hot as shit, im telling you its not worth buying

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning