Gaming To buy or to wait, that's the question.

Yanazake

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello there, guys. [yeah, I tend to put a lot of things between brackets, you can probably ignore that part]

So, I've worked last year to buy my work station [a strong pc, so I can learn and create 3D content... and play too, of course], 2 new video games that are just waiting for the right games [or the right hack, but the games aren't out yet anyway] And the next and last step is the PSvita.

I do not intend on buying one of the upcoming consoles [I'm unlucky enought to only get them when the next generation is being announced or is already out] so the psvita is going to be my last gaming machine for a while.

THING IS, I'm not sure if it's a good idea to try and buy a japanese model with early firmware, or wait for the western release. Yep, I'd like to hack it if possible. And 3G is out of the question, since I'd probably have to wait for a LOCAL release for it to be compatible with the 3G we have in my country... which is either super horrible, or super expensive.

Either way, after I buy it, it WILL be stocked until the right time. [Should be doing the same with the 3DS... But one of the games I wanted is already out of the list, so whatever] I have an Asia model PSP, and never had an issue with it...

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Personally, I suggest you wait.

Launch sets will often have flaws/glitches and some of the games you like are not out yet.

The memory cards are also somewhat expensive and possibly in the future there might be bundles. 4GB is not going to get you too far (likely one medium sized Vita digital game + one medium PSP title). IMO, it's best to go digital.

Yanazake

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Actually, the price might drop out there, but in my country, it only drops after the console/handheld is past the middle of it's life, or the next generation is already around the corner. Heck, a PS3 is about 700 bucks in here, and if it can be hacked, it gets to roughtly 1000... [Brazil Reals - R$ - check the monetary difference if curious]

There is a chance that I might just ask someone to buy it for me out there, but then again, I need to keep in mind the price differences.

edit: AND THEN AGAIN, I never saw so much interest from game companies in my country. Last year's end I started seeing xbox advertisement left and right, even on TV... there wasn't ONE official propaganda of any kind before that that I can remember... And I'm old enought to remember if there were commercials for the Sega Genesis, Master System, NES and SNES. There weren't...

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, the price might drop out there, but in my country, it only drops after the console/handheld is past the middle of it's life, or the next generation is already around the corner. Heck, a PS3 is about 700 bucks in here, and if it can be hacked, it gets to roughtly 1000... [Brazil Reals - R$ - check the monetary difference if curious]

There is a chance that I might just ask someone to buy it for me out there, but then again, I need to keep in mind the price differences.

edit: AND THEN AGAIN, I never saw so much interest from game companies in my country. Last year's end I started seeing xbox advertisement left and right, even on TV... there wasn't ONE official propaganda of any kind before that that I can remember... And I'm old enought to remember if there were commercials for the Sega Genesis, Master System, NES and SNES. There weren't...
Yes, but 1Real = US$0.55. So under US$380, which isn't too bad for a PS3, just a little bit more than we pay in Australia. (Yes, Aussies get ripped off at all things electronics BIG TIME! But then I suppose your country does too...)

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Like other members said, wait (at least a year IMHO) to see how the handheld develops. You get so many benefits from waiting that time: more games, more games announced, hardware faults that are fixed, software bugs that are fixed, maybe a revision, pricedrop for console, pricedrop/knock-off memory cards?

+ you can see if it's hacked already

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Buying a console/handheld at lanuch is stupid. Wait for Hacks, better games, quanity of games to increase, software fixes, game annoucements, etc.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
you should just get it

you never know what'll happen (well nothing is going to happen the system has already been out in japan for a while)

Yanazake

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
The thing about getting it early, at least sony-wise, is getting a low firmware version and keep it. PS3 is terrible when it comes to FW version, PSP was too some time ago, and then it got hacked to hell and back, but who knows...

sonicjam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I say get it now so that you can keep it at a low firmware. If you do get it at launch at least with this hand held it won't be glitchy. Since it was released in Japan already in Dec. 2011 meaning they worked out all of the glitches and issues. Who knows if they do a quick price cut on it they will possibly give us a free game or 2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...