Hacking To all using Gateway – do not update!

Kolyasisan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
The latest 10.6 3DS update is out. It doesn't block your gateway emunand and you can use it as before.

However, Nintendo has blocked Gateway's ROM selection menu!

Hope that the new gateway firmware will be released soon.

Kolyasisan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hell, what's the deal with my console then? I've got an O3DS with 4.5 nand and the latest gateway firmware. Now I am screwed. Moderator please delete this thread then...

Last edited by Kolyasisan,
D

Deleted User

It's also been mentioned a dozen times. GW's multi-rom launcher hooks into the Home Menu applet. If the home menu applet is updated, GW multi-rom will ALWAYS break. Just check the title's that are updated and you can quickly figure out whether or not GW is broken.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's also been mentioned a dozen times. GW's multi-rom launcher hooks into the Home Menu applet. If the home menu applet is updated, GW multi-rom will ALWAYS break. Just check the title's that are updated and you can quickly figure out whether or not GW is broken.
Home Menu was updated in 10.6 though and people say it works. so it really depends on what exactly was updated in it. ;)

http://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/titlelist.php?date=02-22-16_07-00-49&sys=ctr&reg=E
http://yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/titlelist.php?date=02-22-16_07-00-58&sys=ktr&reg=E

https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/10.6.0-31#Home_Menu
Only one function was updated, the function which loads theme body-data with theme-shuffling enabled. This now does: if(loadedsize > input_max_size)fail. Hence, the latest exploit used by menuhax at the time of this sysupdate release is now fixed.

RomFS was not changed at all.

Reactions: cearp
D

Deleted User

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
Yesterday morning I updated to 10.6, everything is fine. 9.2 nand 10.6 emunand gateway. But later in the evening when my 3ds was on sleep mode, it received a notification, the bkue light appeared, when I opened it it asked for a system uodate. I cancelled it, so I was wondering if there is yet again another update from 10.6?

D

Deleted User

Yesterday morning I updated to 10.6, everything is fine. 9.2 nand 10.6 emunand gateway. But later in the evening when my 3ds was on sleep mode, it received a notification, the bkue light appeared, when I opened it it asked for a system uodate. I cancelled it, so I was wondering if there is yet again another update from 10.6?

Did you ever uninstall a title or install a downgraded browser or DS whitelist?

D

Deleted User

I installed Spider browser... maybe that's why?

Probably likely. If it's a lower version than what is expected, you'll get a system update message. (You can rerun the update on emunand, you'll find it probably goes very quickly) Or just ignore it.

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
Probably likely. If it's a lower version than what is expected, you'll get a system update message. (You can rerun the update on emunand, you'll find it probably goes very quickly) Or just ignore it.
Ah, so technically my browser is still from a lower system version and wasn't updated when I updated my emunand to 10.6.

I like having the function of QR codes so I'll just ignore it. Thank you for letting me know. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu