Homebrew To All O3DS Users

linkchidori

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, first of all i made this thread because i felt necessary to have a exclusive place for us O3DS users to post any homebrew news or improvements that we can be benefited of, since pretty much everyone is only talking about N3DS, its very hard for us to find decent working emulators and homebrew, we have to raise the voice to demonstrate that the O3DS community is also present.

Lukein3D

Trophies
XP
Country
I agree.
These are some emulators that work:
All retroarch cores
GameYob
BlargSNES
CitraGBA

I think theres a few more out there but these are the ones I know of and do work with all firmware.

Zephiroph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I agree.
These are some emulators that work:
All retroarch cores
GameYob
BlargSNES
CitraGBA

I think theres a few more out there but these are the ones I know of and do work with all firmware.

Man...that's not really the point of the thread...all the emulators 'work' on O3DS...just like crap.

We need info on emus that run well...which from your list is some RA cores and BlargSNES and GameYob.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

To my knowledge, things that run acceptably

GameYob
BlargSnes
Pokemini emu
QuickNes RA core
Doom
Gambatte RA core (not 100%)

4ur0r

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Man...that's not really the point of the thread...all the emulators 'work' on O3DS...just like crap.

We need info on emus that run well...which from your list is some RA cores and BlargSNES and GameYob.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

To my knowledge, things that run acceptably

GameYob
BlargSnes
Pokemini emu
QuickNes RA core
Doom
Gambatte RA core (not 100%)
Learn coding, learn 3DS architecture and go fix what's not working. O3DS is techincally inferior to the newest model, deal with it.

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
Here's whan i'm using/testing

Gameyob (100% fullspeed)
Ganbatte Retroarch core (almost there, bad with GBC intensive games)
QuickNES (spotty compatibility)
BlargSNES (very spotty compatibility)
PokemonMini (It freezes at random)
Portal3DS (It seems that it's a bit messy)
NXengine (100% fullspeed except when saving game)
Genesis Plus GX (100% fullspeed Game Gear, about 50 fps Master system)
SmsEmu (Still green, sound just implemented, 100% with slowdowns, needs polishment)

Learn coding, learn 3DS architecture and go fix what's not working. O3DS is techincally inferior to the newest model, deal with it

I have another advice for you in return to your kindness: Stop being a dick.

Last edited by Osakasan,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
You feel bad about the crappy old3ds emu scene well look how much better the 'warez scene' is on old3ds. You have emunand to 10.1 and new consoles are all fully hackable and under 9.2. The newest games actually work and no extra hardware need to set up CFW. Karma evens things out (most would argue in the old3ds favor).

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This thread's a good idea.
I'm lucky enough to have a n3dsxl (10.1.0-27 running homebrew) as well as an o3ds (running cia's on emunand). It seems that current 'best compatibility' favours n3ds running cia's on emunand, so I miss out - although the 3dsx versions of all the emu's I run on my n3ds definitely work better than the cia's of the same emu's on my o3ds.

Just wanted to add Handy3ds (Atari Lynx emulator) to the list of things that work well on O3ds. It's prone to the same random freezing as Pokemini at the moment, but N0P90 who's handling the ports of both is working on fixing it. Also worth noting that the freezing affects new and old 3ds's.

Last edited by duwen,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, first of all i made this thread because i felt necessary to have a exclusive place for us O3DS users to post any homebrew news or improvements that we can be benefited of, since pretty much everyone is only talking about N3DS, its very hard for us to find decent working emulators and homebrew, we have to raise the voice to demonstrate that the O3DS community is also present.
not another one of these. look i smell what you are cookin. i would love to see a land of opportunity for my o3ds/2ds (like what i saw in my mind for my old iphone when i herd about whited00r) so that's all im gonna say negatively about this thread. now i will say if you want the community to notice your struggle, you need to be able to set this thread up right you should ask for links to project /release/help topics for the homebrew in question (so you can edit them into the first post) turning this into a useful hub so not only can you help others/yourself to obtain/maintain/use homebrew that works well on o3ds but by creating a o3ds hub you can show homebrew devs the grand number of people (well tempers) that would love to see o3ds support in there new/old projects . . . or i could just be rambling on again

Last edited by wormdood,

4ur0r

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Shut up you idiot...I know that...what led to you posting that exactly?

Just thought you'd talk some crap at me for a giggle? Don't do it again.

Morons on the internet never cease to annoy me...child...grow up and learn you shouldn't insult strangers for no reason.
Actually, I don't like arguing but I've never offended anyone, mine was just a friendly advice. Now I must notice you're ignorant and just want somone else to do the job for you. It's a beautiful world you live in where others do stuff for free exclusively for you.

Reactions: dazindude

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, I don't like arguing but I've never offended anyone, mine was just a friendly advice. Now I must notice you're ignorant and just want somone else to do the job for you. It's a beautiful world you live in where others do stuff for free exclusively for you.

That's not a friendly advice at all, you were being a moron, and given the nature of your reply it's obvious you actually want to argue.

Stop being so overcomplacent.

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
I have a O3DSXL 10.1 and a N3DSXL 9.2. Don't think o3ds is forgotten. It's just that o3ds hardware is so freaking outdated.

As a matter of fact, I prefer O3DSXL overall finish and build quality! Small difference, but N3DSXL is glossy and not equally solid built as the o3ds.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just take a look at the Retroarch thread and see what people think about those vocal users.
That's partially what I was talking about. People asking the same questions and having the same complaints over and over. There should be a sticky thread telling newcomers about the situation and how decent emulation on the O3DS on newer firmware will be a while, if at all. Then again, this thread might serve that purpose. Not saying I can't be sympathetic, I am using an O3DS on 10.1 myself. I just don't really care about emulation since I have a PSP for portable emulation and a lot of other options. I'm more interested in what creative things people might produce, not just another device for emulation and backup loading.

Also, I generally try not to complain about free work. If I thought a free opensource project can be improved, I'll generally look into improving it myself.

Last edited by TecXero,

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
That's partially what I was talking about. People asking the same questions and having the same complaints over and over. There should be a sticky thread telling newcomers about the situation and how decent emulation on the O3DS on newer firmware will be a while, if at all. Then again, this thread might serve that purpose. Not saying I can't be sympathetic, I am using an O3DS on 10.1 myself. I just don't really care about emulation since I have a PSP for portable emulation and a lot of other options. I'm more interested in what creative things people might produce, not just another device for emulation and backup loading.

Also, I generally try not to complain about free work. If I thought a free opensource project can be improved, I'll generally look into improving it myself.

I agree but since a few gifted individuals are talented enough to program, the less that anyone can do is to provide feedback. That mucho is better than stay quiet.

Anyway i'll limit my interventions to this thread, trying to keep it alive and such since i'll be testing every now and then

Also, since BlargSNES is by now the only SNES emulator able to run properly on O3DS, i think it would be nice to add the compatibility wiki and the 4ds forum thread to the OP. Anyone is free to contribute.

Last edited by Osakasan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool