Homebrew To all homebrew developers...

Chelsea_Fantasy

Someone who hates slow internet connections
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Please, create a 184x165 PNG icon/banner/cover for your software.
It will be used in SOON!'s Unique ID database ("SOON!" it's a new cool CIA Installer).
This is for CIA homebrews. That icon/banner/cover will be showed in "SOON!" while it installs your software.
Post all the icons here and/or in your software's thread.

For more information, please visit SOON!'s thread:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/soon-su...al-open-source-cia-installer-beta-0-1.387268/

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
it would be very cool if you read the icon from the application exheader, within your program... :)
it is possible, since you are running on the 3ds.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Can't you just fetch the one that gets displayed on the system menu right from the CIA?

exactly what i said above :) although it is easier said than done, but possible.
then it would work with everything. and people do not have to worry about homebrew devs uploading their icons, it would support EVERYTHING.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
We keep asking alot from devs. Different launchers require different builds, different icon formats, asking them to upload to various downloader apps. I'm sure it gets a bit tedious.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
We keep asking alot from devs. Different launchers require different builds, different icon formats, asking them to upload to various downloader apps. I'm sure it gets a bit tedious.
Well... not every developer has to do everything. I won't post any additional pictures for this app.

Reactions: dubbz82

Chelsea_Fantasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Is it gonna be like DownloadMii, but for CIA?
thank's to a user's idea, may be in a future

Can we expect this anytime soon?

Edit, that wasn't meant to be a pun.
it's allready published:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/soon-su...al-open-source-cia-installer-beta-0-1.387268/

it would be very cool if you read the icon from the application exheader, within your program... :)
it is possible, since you are running on the 3ds.
LPP3DS it's not capable to do it, so my software it's not capable too.

also...(read bellow)

Can't you just fetch the one that gets displayed on the system menu right from the CIA?
I like to use a icon with a decent resolution

Rinnegatamante

Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
thank's to a user's idea, may be in a future

it's allready published:

LPP3DS it's not capable to do it, so my software it's not capable too.

also...(read bellow)

I like to use a icon with a decent resolution

If you have C/C++ developing knowledges, you can try to add this feature on lpp-3ds by yourself. Currently i'm working on other, more important, things like IrDA protocool support, 3D blending (like sceGu/sceGum support on vlpp-c ( https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/lua-player-plus/blob/master/vlpp-c/src/lua3d.c ) and other things.

Anyway, asking for creating another image for devs homebrew it's not a good idea i think. Maybe you can ask to public CIA banners (so 256x128) and use this instead of a 184x165 image.

Chelsea_Fantasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
If you have C/C++ developing knowledges, you can try to add this feature on lpp-3ds by yourself. Currently i'm working on other, more important, things like IrDA protocool support, 3D blending (like sceGu/sceGum support on vlpp-c ( https://github.com/Rinnegatamante/lua-player-plus/blob/master/vlpp-c/src/lua3d.c ) and other things.
they are not so goods as I want, actually "SOON!" runs in a hexedited version of LPP3DS, not a recompiled one (I hexedit it because I dont want index.lua as main file, so it is redirected to SOON\code)
Anyway, asking for creating another image for devs homebrew it's not a good idea i think. Maybe you can ask to public CIA banners (so 256x128) and use this instead of a 184x165 image.
its just a version of ther actual icon with better resolution or something like a cover art for a game

Chelsea_Fantasy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
You should make more threads about this OP. Maybe if you post more threads with slight variations on the same subject then more developers will be aware. Everyone would be totally cool with this.
that will be spamming
but you can make your own thread for motivation if you want

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Proper programming is all about reuse of existing assets, and not reinventing the wheel. Even if it's a more difficult route, you really should be trying to grab the icons that already exist within the applications...there's likely already some homebrew out here that may have been abandoned/developers have already fled the scene completely...Asking for icons that you may never get is going to be an uphill battle....it's also not an easy thing to maintain moving forward. Not everyone in the homebrew scene necessarily visits gbatemp (though most do) on any sort of regular basis. Now that the toolchains are out there, it's certainly possible that there will be projects that the developers never set foot in gbatemp at all for...you're effectively cornering yourself into a situation that's not long term maintainable.

Reactions: cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.