To All Aussies who ordered via ShopTemp

Shackled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tk_saturn said:
If I lived in Austrailia, I would always go for the registered airmail option instead of DHL/EMS/USPS etc and save the money. The reason being China isn't really that far away from you. China is much much further away from Europe etc and it normally only takes 2 weeks to arrive here (UK).

True that. I am thinking it through because I have become fairly risk averse so what I am more concerned about is that the package DOES get delivered rather than time although the time factor does contribute to the overall risk. I have never used DHL but I believe the "safety" of registered airmail and DHL are the same, right?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd say DHL is safer, but the price... it's just to much for me. I'm some cases the shipping by DHL etc is more than the cart. But then again, i'm tight. I know there was the 0ShippingZone thread where some down under were having issues, but as long as you get registered you should be fine.

Shackled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tk_saturn said:
I'd say DHL is safer, but the price... it's just to much for me. I'm some cases the shipping by DHL etc is more than the cart. But then again, i'm tight. I know there was the 0ShippingZone thread where some down under were having issues, but as long as you get registered you should be fine.

Lol. I was the one who opened that thread actually. I didn't get tracking at that time so I blame myself too for being too tight.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm sure eventually you'll get an Acekard. Considering that thread was started quite a while ago, i'd just bite the bullet and order one registered.

I've had 2 packages sent by registered, and the tracking works fine but in my case they were only trackable until they left HK (but all the postal delays tend to happen in the HK post office). It uses the standard 13 digit tracking number, so it's possible (allthough unlikely) you may be able to track on Auspost's website once it arrives down under. It seems to vary country to country wether or not if the receiving country enters the tracking info when it arrives.

Shackled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The matter has already been settled with me and the other 2 who had the same problem I receiving a refund for 0Shippingzone. So no loss on our ends - in fact, I had a small FX gain due to currency conversion at different spot rates XP

While I am not familiar with how Australia Post deals with tracking info, I think it would be better if I got tracking anyways because then at least I have legitimate information that they could maybe utilise.

Anyways, I am going to put in my order and hope that what happened with 0Shippingzone will not happen again.

On a side note, if I do not receive my package within 30-40 days, would I be entitled to a refund or a new product?

EDIT: Just realised my Paypal A/C doesn't have sufficient funds so I'm going to need to wait a week :S

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Briefcase 69 did I win