Hacking TN-E or PRO B5

Sop

groovy dude lmao
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
So I recently modded a friends PSP GO for him and I was wondering if I made the right choice with tn e.. He only plays games on it.
If I did make a bad decision can you just run PRO over tn e? Also don't let this become a flame war.

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's fine with TN-E. You can't really go wrong with either. I'm using PRO myself as it allows you to use your own PS1 guides in place of the manuals I believe, unless TN-E can do that now too.

PRO-B5 also has a permenant patch if he wants to save 10 seconds.

solidsnake13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If he is just playing PSP games you cannot go wrong with either CFW. PRO is a bit better at compatibility for PSX game though.

eosia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5.50 promethus v3 and patching games with iso tool 1.97
biggrin.gif
the perfect
biggrin.gif

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
eosia said:
5.50 promethus v3 and patching games with iso tool 1.97
biggrin.gif
the perfect
biggrin.gif

Hopefully you're aware if he attempts to downgrade to 5.50 he will BRICK HIS SHIT because Gos are not compatible. >_>

In my personal opinion if he just wants to play PSP games PRO-5 is a better choice, 6.20 can be perma patched so he does not have to keep running the hack (Making it the FIRST "FULL CFW" for new models aww yeah) and it has better PSX support in case he wants to play old school sometime.

also, why deal with patching games when you can run them clean on 6.20 PRO-5? Patching eboot.bins is a pain in the ass.

I would suggest switching to PRO. I have tried both and found it to suit every one of my needs better (Note, it can also run games from the XMB, no ISO loader needed, and it has it's own special ISO driver for SUPERB game compatibility and faster loading times).

nknave

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sop said:
So I recently modded a friends PSP GO for him and I was wondering if

QUOTE(eosia @ May 9 2011, 06:19 PM) 5.50 promethus v3 and patching games with iso tool 1.97
biggrin.gif
the perfect
biggrin.gif

Stupidest answer ever!!!
closedeyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Coming.