ROM Hack Discussion TLoZ Link's Awakening - Amiibo Savefile

thelucap97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
In Link's Awakening you can save your Chamber Dungeon design on a Zelda releted Amiibo. With TagMo we can Scan an Amiibo an save it, I wanted to tries if we can restore the same amiibo but with a different Save file from another user.
Can someone upload their Amiibo Data to try it out, thanks!

Reactions: Deleted User

malefactor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here you go. I've already tried it though and it does work :yayswitch:

Attachments

• 101.png
    101.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 2,485

thelucap97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Here you go. I've already tried it though and it does work :yayswitch:
Thanks!
Unfortunatly I tried to save into my Amiibo with tagmo (with the option Restore) but it does say "Source UID doesn't match". Maybe if i try to edit the hex number associated to the dungeon in my amiibo with your value it might work :unsure:
Do you know a good program for editing amiibo data?

malefactor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I just noticed that tagmo has an option to "restore to a different tag!" I checked it and I was able to copy a dungeon from one amiibo to another!
Screenshot_20190925-070142.png

Reactions: hippy dave

Diego_JDD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
This is great, here is my dungeon is basically a boss rush, it has all bosses and mini bosses in the game (dark link is missing, im waiting to a new ntag for links awakening amiibo). It's a ganondorf amiibo but the data is compatible with any amiibo.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20190925-131929_Barcode Scanner.jpg
    SmartSelect_20190925-131929_Barcode Scanner.jpg
    330.5 KB · Views: 1,575
Reactions: hippy dave

malefactor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was fun! I'm sorry to say it took me 26:41:96 to beat it. I'll have to try harder if I want to beat your time of 20:08:23.

I haven't finished the game yet, so I don't have anything as cool as that, but here is another early dungeon I made.
Screenshot_20190925-085424.png

Diego_JDD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Cool, I just beat both of your dungeons.
The record of 20 mins is because of the red mail. The boomerang also helps.
I also leave here this ocarina shaped dungeon I made for a challenge.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20190925-152211_Barcode Scanner.jpg
    SmartSelect_20190925-152211_Barcode Scanner.jpg
    333.9 KB · Views: 511

malefactor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have both of those añd the koholint sword, but I haven't fought some of those bosses since I was 12.

Thank you very much for the ocarina! That was a very timely gift. Please take this bowwow's bow in exchange.
Screenshot_20190925-171926.png

nickerous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not familiar with Tagmo, but is there anyway I can upload these to my power saves disc and try them out?

malefactor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not familiar with Tagmo, but is there anyway I can upload these to my power saves disc and try them out?
I think so if you have the amiibo one. I don't have it myself, but if it doesn't support the qr codes you would have to download the tagmo app to scan them, then convert them to bin files.

Then agàin, if you are going to do that, you might as well use tagmo to restore the dungeons to an amiibo.

Link2999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't tried this myself yet as I don't have the game installed yet, but I'm assuming we can write to a Zelda Amiibo in the game, scan the tag in TagMo, and Show QR Code in TagMo to get a QR code of the data. Not sure if the QR code is only for the extra data on the Amiibo or a copy of the Amiibo itself.

Scanning a QR Code into TagMo, I'm assuming we can choose Restore Tag to copy the dungeon data over to our Amiibo. I believe the tag needs to be of the same Amiibo type to do this if I'm not wrong, or have the "Allow restore to different tag" option selected otherwise (perhaps the option needs to be enabled either way). If the data is copied to a different Amiibo type I'm wondering how this will effect the Amiibo otherwise (will it be recognized as a different Amiibo or not). Backing up the Amiibo beforehand is probably a safe bet.

If anyone could clarify the process it'd be appreciated, I'm also unclear if the app can write and rewrite to an actual Amiibo rather than tags or an Amiibo Emulator. I didn't think it'd be a problem if all it was writing is the extra data.

Engezerstorung

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If the data is copied to a different Amiibo type I'm wondering how this will effect the Amiibo otherwise (will it be recognized as a different Amiibo or not). Backing up the Amiibo beforehand is probably a safe bet.

it wont be recognized as a different amiibo thats for sure, its a part of the data thats its not rewritable (thats why you can just use one nfc card for all amiibo, once you wrote the amiibo its definitive, you can only rewrite some "extra data" on it (like the ones used for ssb stats, Wolf link stats, and in this case dungeons)

im 95% sure thats the " "allow restore to different tag" is for those extra datas

Reactions: Link2999

Link2999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it wont be recognized as a different amiibo thats for sure, its a part of the data thats its not rewritable (thats why you can just use one nfc card for all amiibo, once you wrote the amiibo its definitive, you can only rewrite some "extra data" on it (like the ones used for ssb stats, Wolf link stats, and in this case dungeons)

im 95% sure thats the " "allow restore to different tag" is for those extra datas

If that's the case it sounds like I may be able to rewrite parts of my NFC stickers. Haven't done it in awhile so I'll have to double check.

Engezerstorung

Trophies
XP
Country
France
the nfc stickers that can be writed as amiibo are the exact same thing there is in said amiibos, so it will work the same way

basically we can write interesting dungeons as nfc cards

Reactions: Link2999

malefactor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is great, here is my dungeon is basically a boss rush, it has all bosses and mini bosses in the game (dark link is missing, im waiting to a new ntag for links awakening amiibo). It's a ganondorf amiibo but the data is compatible with any amiibo.
New time 17.48.90 and I can do better.
Here's a boss rush where you are limited to 5 ❤️s
Screenshot_20191001-220610.png

Last edited by malefactor,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
    AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78: Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit...