TLOZ: Echoes of Wisdom has leaked online

23r9328j.jpg

The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom has officially leaked online ahead of its 26th September street date.

TLOZ: Echoes of Wisdom marks the first time that a mainline Zelda game has a playable Princess Zelda as the main character. In Echoes of Wisdom you will use the magical Tri Rod to create "echoes" of objects and enemies which can assist you in traversal as you attempt to save Link. The game features dungeons, parallel realms, and a visual style akin to the Link's Awakening 2019 remake.

While discussing this game's release, we kindly ask that you take due notice of the following...

GBAtemp Zero Piracy Tolerance Please remember that sharing copyrighted content or links to where it can be found even through PMs is against the GBAtemp ToS and your posts and accounts can/will be immediately terminated without warning if you do not follow our Terms and Rules

Will you be playing Echoes of Wisdom? Let us know your thoughts on the game in the thread below.

a3dprinter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone is curious, been playing the intro and things work on modded switch. My modded switch has latest update on everything and am currently using the 1.0.1 update for the game as well. The FPS in Hyrule does have some small fps dips. I am not sure what the dip goes to I just can feel it and see it. I do not have anything to tell me FPS. And no, I do not have the close crash people are saying. I'd suggest updating everything. In my personal opinion, there's no reason to not be on Switch Firmware 18.1.0 and everything else up to date unless you're holding on to some homebrew that hasn't been updated for later versions.

This file I am using is the XCI file and this file also is the one with invalid Signatures NCA and also Invalid Hashes that I would say most people are using.

Reactions: the_otsutsuki

the_otsutsuki

Technical Advice Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone is curious, been playing the intro and things work on modded switch. My switch has latest update on everything and am currently using the 1.0.1 update for the game as well. The FPS in Hyrule does have some small fps dips. I am not sure what the dip goes to I just can feel it and see it. I do not have anything to tell me FPS.

This file I am using is XCI file and this file also is the one with invalid Signatures NCA and also Invalid Hashes that I would say most are using.
do you get a close crash when you try to exit the game ?

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I am absolutely shocked at the ridiculous draw distance. The edges of the screen are blurry, are we on N64 ? It's not like this game is pushing the Switch hardware to its limits ! Framerate is quite wonky on top of that. It's a freaking disaster.

Nintendo is not a AAA developer.
They are, part of the time.
Nintendo titles like Zelda Breath of the Wild, Tears of the Kingdom or Mario Odyssey are by all intends and pursues AAA games.
They are not anymore. BotW and Mario Odyssey are 7-year-old games and TotK is mainly just a remix of BotW.

As far as I'm concerned, Mario Odyssey is Nintendo's last hurrah as a great developer. It has all gone downhill ever since.

Seeing the unaccaptable performance issues of this new Zelda game makes me realize how low Nintendo has sunk.

Last edited by Ligeia,
Reactions: Bladexdsl

MightySashiman

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I am absolutely shocked at the ridiculous draw distance. The edges of the screen are blurry, are we on N64 ? It's not like this game is pushing the Switch hardware to its limits ! Framerate is quite wonky on top of that. It's a freaking disaster.

They are not anymore. BotW and Mario Odyssey are 7-year-old games and TotK is mainly just a remix of BotW.

As far as I'm concerned, Mario Odyssey is Nintendo's last hurrah as a great developer. It has all gone downhill ever since.

Seeing the unaccaptable performance issues of this new Zelda game makes me realize how low Nintendo has sunk.

the blurry top and bottom edges are on purpose: they are supposed to give the game a cute miniature diorama (on par with the shiny plastic rendering, similarly to the Yoshi game) by emulating tilt-shift photo lens, itself being an optical way to pretend the subject is much smaller than it actually is (the depth of field of an optical lens get shallower as the focus point get closer to the lens).

What is shame is nintendo seems to have correctly implemented the background blur (its blurs out based on distance to screen) while the front blur is just flat out blurs a complete bottom bar of screen pixels, whatever the distance of the object in 3D space. It makes the result weird as fuck. Overall, instead of being a nice effect participating in the game experience (they could have actually leveraged the effect), they just stick it in the users face without any subtelty. It's just lazy design and implementation.
They copy pasted the same effect from Links Awakening without fixing it in the slightest. in LoZ-LA, it could be patched out, but imho it messes with the intended cuteness of the game.

My other complaint is that the game, about 5min in when beginning the game in the village (after the intro) is already plagued with slowdowns and stutters. Haven't tested overlaying an FPS counter but pretty sure it drops around 20fps. Overall resolution seems to drop to some very shitty 480p on the fucking TITLE SCENE SCREEN.

Sloppy nintendo.

Last edited by MightySashiman,

a3dprinter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one last note.

been playing and I can 100% confirm this game is gonna be a speed runners dream. The echoes alone where you can freely build around or even over things will definitely be interesting to find glitches or bugs.

I am not a speed runner myself but these echoes "essentially being able to spawn things after getting its echo" is actually pretty fun and almost in a way, letting you know to glitch the game.

Sd4930Ur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ein sauberes Ryujinx zum Spielen mit 60-120 fps auf dem PC, Asus, Ally etc. wäre auch schön. Danke!

Nintendo könnte losziehen und nach Geld suchen, diese Art von Verhalten ist schrecklich :Bogen:

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Gbatemp: Please remember that sharing copyrighted content or links to where it can be found even through PMs is against the GBAtemp ToS and your posts and accounts can/will be immediately terminated without warning if you do not follow our Terms and Rules

Also gbatemp: Will you be playing Echoes of Wisdom? Let us know your thoughts on the game in the thread below.

Me:...erm...i 'm interested, yes. But I don't think i can legally say more. :)

• Haha
Reactions: Blythe93

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Gbatemp: Please remember that sharing copyrighted content or links to where it can be found even through PMs is against the GBAtemp ToS and your posts and accounts can/will be immediately terminated without warning if you do not follow our Terms and Rules

Also gbatemp: Will you be playing Echoes of Wisdom? Let us know your thoughts on the game in the thread below.

Me:...erm...i 'm interested, yes. But I don't think i can legally say more. :)
You might live in like Dubai where they don't respect the release dates. So people might like it :P

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Warm balls in the winter +2