tixati vs utorrent

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good fucking lord, I never even heard of Tixati, I just did a quick look at it and it looks horrible. Such an ugly UI. uTorrent is perhaps THE best bitTorrent client.

adamdbz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Never did i but when i started reading about it some say it much better
So I'm putting it up for debate
I'm useing uTorrent for the past 4-5 years but maybe tixati is better.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with utorrent being super light weight and efficient i don't know why you'd want to look for alternatives, tixati looks alright but it doesn't have anything utorrent doesn't it basically looks like a clone.and with a 17MB exe with utorrent under 1MB i don't see any reason for it unless you're a linux user.

D

Deleted User

Tixati is horrible, paid About.com to advertise it. And About.com are horrible anyway

Species8472

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mostly use Tixati now. But I can not recommend it over µTorrent. Tixati has a few bugs that need fixing before I will consider switching completely. Looking at my Tixati and µTorrent installs, µTorrent is about 1 megabyte smaller.

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Apparently people here are not paranoid about µTorrent and legal issues. I don't know the complete dealio but some people are very worried about µTorrent leaking out their download/upload usage to the FBI or something like that.
I've used Tixati for a while but I think I prefer µTorrent. I mean, who the hell designs a (default) GUI like this!?:
gallery_125443_893_42237.png

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Personally haven't used anything else except µTorrent and Transmission. Transmission via Mac and and µTorrent via Windows (if I ever use Windows for a torrent). That's my 2 cents.

richdotward

Trophies
XP
Country
Check out ktorrent on ubuntu then. Works well but the gui, my god. Options and features all over the place.

Rich

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I've got a very slow internet(256kbps)
tixati gave me a avg. dl speed of 19.8 kBps while utorrent gave 21.2.
there's no harm in giving it a try.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Apparently people here are not paranoid about µTorrent and legal issues. I don't know the complete dealio but some people are very worried about µTorrent leaking out their download/upload usage to the FBI or something like that.
I've used Tixati for a while but I think I prefer µTorrent. I mean, who the hell designs a (default) GUI like this!?:
gallery_125443_893_42237.png

They're not allowed to give out information. Torrents aren't illegal, therefore, uTorrent can't get in trouble at all, no more than GBAtemp can about roms.

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use Transmission on my Ubuntu Netbook, and Vuze on my Windows 7 computer. They're both pretty good.

But I would choose uTorrent over tixati. I've never heard of that ever before, nor would I want to try it. :P

Eoin

Trophies
XP
Country
I have both utorrent and tixati installed and did a quick test to compare their performance. I downloaded a HD video of a popular tv show, first with tixati and then with utorrent immediately afterward. The file was fairly large (497MB), in order to let the clients get "up to speed" during the course of the download. The connection was wired 52Megabit fibre optic. I used a stopwatch to time the clients and observed their progress.

Tixati took 12 minutes and 45 seconds to download the file. The maximum download speed was 1.1 megabytes per second and averaged about 750 kilobytes per second. It reported about 50 seeds and 3 peers.

Utorrent took 4 minutes and 53 seconds to download the file. The maximum download speed was 4.2 megabytes per second and averaged 2.2 megabytes per second. It reported several hundred seeds and peers.

Conclusion: Utorrent's average speed was twice tixati's maximum speed. I don't know why there was such a difference, but I think the test was very practical and "real-world". Tixati failed miserably to keep pace. I am so going to uninstall it.

Reactions: adamdbz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat