Title update question.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Armadillo, Dec 25, 2011.

Dec 25, 2011

Title update question. by Armadillo at 3:39 AM (878 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. Armadillo
    OP

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Just wondering what the limit on title updates in the cache folder is? I went to play a game earlier and the title update was the 13th one that I sent across. Checked it was in there, no problem, started the game up and it said dlc needs the update. Ftp back in and the title update I had just stuck in there was gone :(. Sent it across again, rebooted the box just to check, ftp back in, still there. Started game and it said it was needed, checked the folder and it was gone again. So apparently it was deleting the last update/update the game wants when the cache folder was accessed.

12 updates at a time seems very low :(, looked online and read a few people saying they have more than that stored without problem. A few of mine are larger updates, so just wondering if it's a size issue? rather than amount or is there a plugin for dashlaunch or some sort of patch to remove the limit. As I want to be able to store all the updates I have on it.

I know you can patch title updates directly onto the .xex which would avoid the issue,but it doesn't work with all updates and I'd much rather keep the original .xex and be able to keep all updates in the cache folder :(.

2. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
    Why would a jTAG ask for a Titleupdate???

Mayby you could just clear the cache and redownload the Title updates.
    It worked once for me when I got into a problem that I should download the same Title update over and over again on my flashed box.

3. Armadillo
    OP

United Kingdom
    The game asks for it, should have made it clearer in first post. Assassins creed 2 tells you, extra content/dlc (can't remember exact message), requires a game update, connect to xbox live to get it, if you have dlc, but are missing the title update. Unlike other games that just ignore it and give you no messages about requiring one to use your dlc.

Obviously can't connect to live with jtag, so sent it across via ftp like I normally do and it just kept deleting it after starting the game. Removed another update, bringing total updates back down to 12 (various games) and it picked it up and used it fine. I know there is apparently a limit on the amount it can hold, 12 just seems very low :(.

4. DinohScene

Antarctica
    Ahkay.
    I've already figured it out it was a jTAG by you stating FTP into my xbox ;p

I still suggest preforming a "clear system cache" and if that doesn't solve it a complete format and FTP all data back.

Might I ask how big the drive is?

5. Armadillo
    OP

United Kingdom
    500GB, 250GB or so free, so shouldn't be a space issue. I'll trying clearing the cache, then sending them all back onto it, see if I can get 13 on there, seems very odd that it would just decide, no more than 12 updates for you :blink:. If that doesn't work, guess I'll just live with 12 and rotate them as needed. I'm not ftping 250GB of dlc/xbla and games back across, it'll take forever :(.

6. DinohScene

Antarctica
    Hmm it isn't a space issue indeed.

Hope that it will work for you ;o
    I currently have no idea how many TU's can be stored in the 360 but I bet it's a lot more then just a louzy 12.
    Hell even the old Xbox held more TU's.

7. Armadillo
    OP

United Kingdom
    I've read multiple numbers, when I had a quick search. Saw a few posts suggesting 25, another person saying that they had 80. Not really something that seems to come up too often. I guess as most are connected to live, most people don't care and simply download as prompted.

Really don't see why they should have a limit on it anyway, should be allowed to store as many as you have space for :).

8. DinohScene

Antarctica
    Indeed.
    Live users don't care indeed since they can redownload everything ;p
    But for offline/jTAG/RGH users that can be annoying.

You could also make a folder on the root with every TU update stored there.
    Saves time on FTPing ;p

9. Armadillo
    OP

United Kingdom
    Cleared the cache, seems to have sorted it. Put all 13 back on, and Assassins creed 2 picked up the title update fine, instead of it going missing. Had to clear the cache twice to actually get rid of them, first time I done it, it done nothing. Looked in the cache and everything was still there, cleared a second time and it was fine and cleared it.

Strange that it would just stop at 12 for some reason. Never really had any issues before, I guess from now, title update problems= clear cache :).

Thanks for the help.

10. DinohScene

Antarctica
    You're welcome, glad to hear that it worked!
    How many TU's do you currently have installed?

11. Armadillo
    OP

United Kingdom
    13 are in the cache folder. Same as I had before + the one that I removed to get it to stop deleting the one I wanted to use. I don't really bother with them unless I need them for dlc or if there is a game breaking bug or similar that they fix.

12. DinohScene

Antarctica
    Mkay.

I'll try and finding some TU's for games and I'll test it on my RGH box soon ;p
    I think it's strange to have a limit of TU's on the HDD ;s besides the limited space factor.