That one guy
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A new and useful Wii homebrew application has just been released by Redbird! Title_Uninstaller v0.1 basically acts the same as the Wad Uninstaller, except there is no need for the original wad file to delete your channels. This should be very useful!

Translated from Source:

QUOTE said:
I present you the Title_Uninstaler v0.1. Basically we would be able to say that is a WAD_Uninstaller that does not need the WAD original. The operation is the following one:
* Shows titles installed on your Wii (Only normal channels, no System Channels).
* Allows you to select one concrete title and uninstall it.

The process of deletion is identical to the Wad Manager, however it gets its information from the Wii itself instead of needing an external WAD file. The advantage is that its more convenient as it doesn't require the original wad file, which is sometimes not present or is the wrong version, etc...

Precautions:
* The process of deletion is the same as the Wad Manager so it shouldn't give you any problems. Delete everything you need to delete, but remember there will always be bits of installed information left (play history, etc...)
* If you have installed Paradox type channels, or others that use the same identifier as the HBC ('HAXX') they will all appear. The problem is that there is no knowing which is the authentic HBC.
* If you delete the HBC intentionally, or by mistake, the program may give a CODE DUMP or hang as it attempts to return to the HBC. The deletion will have been carried out correctly, however the program cannot return to another program that is non-existent. This happens only with the original HBC. All other channels, although they carry the same identifier as the HBC, should give no such problems.

Finally, it is of justice to thank: - To the group of development of the Homebrew Channel, DevkitPPC and libOGC. - To bushing by the code of the title_lister. - To Waninkoko by the code of the Wad_manager. - To broly7 by giving me the idea.

Without the direct or indirect aid of all of them this application would not have been possible.

And already without more, you abandonment the link of discharge. For the time being only the application for the HBC, although possibly the source code will be available in a future.

Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F1CO755T

Source (Spanish): http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_title-unins...sin-wad_1053598

EDIT: Here's another download link
smile.gif

http://www.mediafire.com/?ybypilyqnnx

EDIT 2: Better translation
smile.gif

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It lists the titles by their ID, like for The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess it would show "RZDE". This wasn't a problem for me because I keep a text file with all the games on my wii and their ID, so once Title Uninstaller shows me the list, I just refer to my text file and pick out the ones I need to delete.

You could also just edit the ID for VC games before installing them to something you'd remember when seeing. For example, when I injected Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time I renamed the ID to "TNMT".
wink.gif

Note: the ID's are in the *.tik and *.tmd files. Just open them with a hex editor and edit away.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free