Title tickets for VC (at least DS) games...?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by MaLoLHDX, Sep 8, 2018.

1. MaLoLHDX
    OP

MaLoLHDX Member

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2018
    Italy
    No, I'm not requesting a site.

So, I heard that games not avalible in physical don't have a title ticket, such as Virtual Console games.

Then, I decided to try downloading a DS game (New Super Mario Bros.) using the brazilian method to internal memory, and i want to use it to get haxchi.

Time for the questions!
    1. Can I use a VC title installed through the brazilian method to make haxchi?
    -If yes:
    2. I also heard that putting a title.tik of any other wiiu game into a VC title should work. Is that true? Should I do that?
    -If I should not do that:
    3. Then what should I do?

Thanks for the help.

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    1- No, as pretty much every single Haxchi/CBHC guide tells you: you can't use unsigned tickets without CFW

2- No, tickets are title specific (and even if they weren't, the titlekeys would be different

3- Buy the game and don't be a cheapass

A volte chi più spende meno spende

3. MaLoLHDX
    OP

MaLoLHDX Member

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2018
    Italy
    Beh, alla fine hai ragione... non mi aspettavo che non funzionasse....
    But what if one day I wanted to play a DS VC game, and I wanted to install it through the almighty brazilian method.
    What should I do about the title.tik? Should I let it install without one?

4. Ryccardo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Once you have CFW running, you can install and run unsigned tickets just fine, including for using them as additional Haxchi setups; you just can't use an unsigned DS game to run CFW the first time [after any reboot]

5. MaLoLHDX
    OP

MaLoLHDX Member

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2018
    Italy
    So that means I can install games without tik files and i can use them to make haxchi too, right? (yes, I have already installed the hombrew lancher and i executed signature patch)

6. Ryccardo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Yes, that's a CFW

While CFW is active, you will be able to install non-original DS games; you will also be able to install Haxchi to them, but you won't be able to run them without starting a CFW first (which removes most advantages of Haxchi, but it remains a valid shortcut to the homebrews you select)

7. MaLoLHDX
    OP

MaLoLHDX Member

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2018
    Italy
    So each time I restart the wii u signature patch isn't working anymore unless I go and restart homebrew and signature patch? And does that mean that I, as long as signature patch is active, I dont need any .tik file for any game I install through the brazilian method?

Last edited by MaLoLHDX, Sep 9, 2018
  8. MaLoLHDX
    OP

MaLoLHDX Member

Newcomer
    Jun 26, 2018
    Italy
    I eventually found a DS VC game and its ticket, so i downloaded it, and used wupinstaller mod y and I got it on my Wii U menu. Staying on the Hombrew Launcher, I started the Haxchi installer, that recognized the game and successfully hacked it. Then, I went to the Wii U menu to test it, and just when I was so close, it didn't let me start it because "The Nintendo Network ID linked to this purchase has been deleted from this console".
    I should have on one side excepted it, because it was wupinstaller, but on one side I couldn't except it because I precedently installed Wii Party U through wupinstaller and it worked just fine.
    Quindi, tutto sommato, hai ragione. Dovrei fare meno il tirchio.
    EDIT: Though, I still have a question: does signature patch remain active while the Wii U is shut down?

Last edited by MaLoLHDX, Sep 9, 2018
  9. Ebraheem

Ebraheem Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2018
    Jordan
    No, you have to do it each time when you turn on the console.
    Also, I have noticed that when I quit an GC injected game, I need to make signature patch again.

Last edited by Ebraheem, Sep 28, 2018
  10. NoSoul81

NoSoul81 GBAtemp Maniac

May 30, 2016
    United States
    4 letters: CBHC (stands for Cold Boot Haxchi)

No more re-doing CFW every time you turn on our console. But there is a chance for brick with CBHC if you screw up.