Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, Jul 26, 2006.
Sweet! More bit Generations!
I hope some of these rival Dotstream.
dotstream was awsome xD
Love that one.
This one doesnt look like its easy though.
Anyone give it a try yet?
When I watched the video I still had no idea what this is about... O.o I guess I'll have to try it...
I really like all the bit Generations games...except this one.
Not. Easy. At. All.
The best way to understand the game is to watch the demos several time, while trying to predict what will happen next. After 3 games I have menaged to get a scord of 178 and noticed the following game rules. There might be more though.
In single player you have to survive as long as possible going up as far as you can. How to do this:
At the left there is a cross, where Symbols fly from one of the four ends to the opposite ends.
At this point I have seen four different kind of Symbol: Black/White/Red/White2
You control where the Symbols fly by pressing the up/down/left/right key
The basic idea is to collect Symbols of the same kind at one end of the cross.
Several things can happen, depend on what Symbols are already sitting at an end when a new one arrives.
1. Same kind of Symbol: The Symbols stack.
2. Different kind of Symbol: Old Symbols fly away, new one stays.
3. If you get a Stack of 5 Symbols, they will disappear, and the side will get charged.
4. This will be indicated by a triagle visible close to the side.
5. If you get another 5 of the same kind, the side will get charged more.
6. This is indicated by the triangle filling up, or changing into another geometrical form.
Now if a different Symbol reaches a charged side, the charge gets destroyed (triangle disappears). Several things can happen:
1. If there is only one charged side, the charge is lost. Don't let that happen.
2. If there are two charged sides, the charge will be transfered to the other charged side. That side will fill up/change form
3. If there are three charged side, the charge will be transfered to both other side, basicly doubling itself. A sound "double" is played.
From time to time, a special Symbol will appear with an alarming sound. Two things can happen.
1. The special Symbol reaches an uncharged side: If there is a stack, it gets destroyed, else nothing happens
2. The special Symbol reaches a charged side: The charge is activated and used to make the object on the right hand side fly. This is where you get scores. The greater the charge that get's activated was, the higher that things flies. In the demo1 one can see the cpu activating a full charge (Geometry Form = Circle), lifting the object 450m into the air.
For comparison: If you activate activate a basic triangle you only get like 10m, so it is better to first transfer your charges into one spot or even better double them...
If you want to activate a charge and don't want to wait for the special symbol, you can also press a. This will make a special symbol appear. You can only do this once, but can win more of those in the special mode:
Special mode: If you are able to charage all 4 ends at least with a minimal charge, a special mode starts: In this mode you have to keep all your 4 charges alive as long as possible.
The two player mode is played the same. Here you have to score faster than your opponent.
Hmm... I don't like it... :-/
fun, has potential, but marred by poor execution
The idea is not dissimilar to games which you have to sort out different objects into different stacks.
Btw. there is a 'wall' of some kind which you have to outrun, the wall near the 'puck' slowly. to get the puck away from the wall you have to charge the those object like the last guy said. if the wall hits the puck then you lose.
This game is a training system for the japanese to murder all usa citizens, as usual.
lol in a fun way you might say!
well you will know something is up when they replace traffic lights with japanese traffic controllers
I seem to be doing ridiculously amazing at digidrive and I've found out some really good strategies that should be fairly easy to follow if you know how the game works. I think I'm going to write a new topic about it somewhere on this forum if anyone wants to know how to do really well at this game.
I've already gotten well over 4000 meters in expert mode (if you dont know, yes you can unlock harder modes and so far, I have unlocked 3 extra sets of skins to choose from and both hard and expert mode...don't know if theres anything else to unlock or not)
Respond here if you want me to write up a little strategy guide, I'll be happy to spend the time if it's wanted.
I actually have most of the strategy guide finished now. It took me a lot of writing JUST to describe how the game works. All thats left is to describe Autobahn mode and a couple incredibly useful strategies to get really good scores, but otherwise, it's almost finished. I hope someone will get some use out of it!
Is it finished yet? I'd like some tips on this game!