^^title-2456^^

bryehn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
anyone understand what to do? the green dots just get darker, and you're supposed to guess where to go?

this series 2 is um...abstract.

CharlieF

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Think sonar. You can't play with a mono gba, unless you use stereo headphones.
Use the sound to locate the target.
It starts you off with the target visible, but it gets gradually dimmer.
I think.

loash

Trophies
XP
Country
out of all the bitg games, I think this is the most interesting one. you can practically play this game without looking at the screen since it's very dependent on sound. headphones are pretty much mandatory if you want to play this game

JapanLover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this game is kind of overly frustrating at times...

mostly on the levels where you just mindlessy meander around trying to hit very small areas by sound alone...

and does anyone know how you get to the other branches of levels?

is it just based on how well you do?

Jeda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think you choose the branch with the last sound. You know, once you finish all the sounds in the sound catch level, it will go silent again with only two sounds hearable. The one you catch decides the direction I think.

I couldn't detect anything with eyes open. Close your eyes, with headphones on. In the sound catch games, you have to keep scanning for new tones, as the ones you catch keep playing in the middle. So... catch one, try to hear what's new, fly into the direction the new sound is coming from until you hear it from in front of you. Stay there while it gets louder. Catch it... If you miss it, it will change it's position, so try to hear again where it is coming from now.

After about 1hour i've finished sound catch 1 and 2 as well as sound slalom 1 (right brach). The left brach offers sound race where you have to evade the sounds on a 5line road.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey i'm deaf from the right ear.. does this means i can't play that game properly?

You can also adjust the balaance in the options.
Thats the little white dot in the level select.

Its not a good replacement but it might make the game a little morer playable somehow.
Probly not, but its there for somereason. :/

Though you could also use a widget or a small program that displays audio output.
I know theres atleast one audio monitoring program out thhere somwhere.
Couple that with the emulator and you could play the game visualy.

However, it would really steal from the experience of closing your eyes and playing the game by ear.
Plus it has some good music too that biulids up with it. Though if you can hear it at all, it cant be all that bad.

Actually, I think Id like to try the game with the visual aid myself. Though it might take away from the challenge too.
Little moving bars would probly make it too easy :/

Still worth atleast a try though.

As for my comments on the game.
I love it.
A definite buy for me. Along with Dot Stream :3 Though the music in that one is kinda lacking. :/

Its just a fun experience to sit back and play a game by ear.
Helps practice ear focus too.
A small tip: Keep the volume as low as you can on headphones. After awhile the game should become easier as you tune your ears to the lower volume.

Another thing to try might be to wire up the GBA (or emulator on a PC) to a surrond sound system. Set the sound to two speakers at your left and right sides and try it like that.
Also using an echo or virtual surround sound effect might add some extra thrill to the experience.
I beleive most soundcards have some sorta enhancement feature that adds echo and stuff these days. Like for instance changing the setting to "bathroom" or "underwater" gives an interesting effect.
I tried it with the old Capcom Xmen game while fighting in the underwater elevator. (music off, since I couldnt seperate the effect)
I always thought that stage needed some echos.

Anyway.

For the visualy impaired. This game is for you.
For the hearing impaird. I feel your pain.
For those like me who have good ears and stick bananas in them to get that nice high like dizzy effect. Well, em, it hurts after awhile for one, but hey, this is a fun game no?

I do hope this inspires more audio games to come.
Id love to see games like a sort of 3D ghost hunter game in wich the audio is one of few guides you have.
Also a sort of scenario fighting game would be a great one.
Listening to movements of feet and swoshing of air and things.
Like just blank out the screen and let the audio do the work while the player hits corresponding buttons to attack back.
Then after the stage is over play a recording of the match/spar/scenario to see how you really did.
Man Id love a game like that
happy.gif

A down side is that its hard to pay attention to more than just that game when I cant hear much else but that >.>

But anyway.
This game is fun. Everyone should try it atleast once
happy.gif

These bit generation games better come to the states.
That and more of em.
I wanna see some classic tank styled games and what not xD

Edit: forgot to mention. There is a small down side to the games controls I have to mention. In the first level and the second one on the right of the map. The controls are kinda odd. Holding the button down increases speed but letting go gives you an instant stop.
Maybe its jsut odd at first, but I cant help but wonder if I over steped my movements or not.
A step by step grid locked system would have been nicer, but then again, it woulda made it too easy now that I think about it.
Guess theres a small learning curve in trusting the game's controls.

Still, a great audio expereince.
I do hope theres a sound test in the end
happy.gif

Jeda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Still, a great audio expereince.
I do hope theres a sound test in the end
happy.gif

If you clear the game at the middle top of the tree, a game called sound catcher remix will be opened. This is basicly an open ended game of sound catcher with all sounds from the other cachter games appearing at random

dino999

Trophies
XP
Country
This does not work with the Supercard. I disabled the realtime save, restart, and saver patch options in the Supercard software. I check "Enable Save" by double-clicking on each file to create a save with the Supercard software. If I create my own and use the "power off" method to save, it still does not work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night