^^title-2449^^

CYatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know. but some of the little things about it, i don't understand, and I want to! to fully enjoy, the awesomeness, that is, dotstream.

oh well, still fun =D

VeggieH8R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can "draft", that is gain speed if you're closer to a rival. R is the turbo, B is the brake, A is for items. A star icon allows you to pass through solid objects, the "frame advance" (which should actually be a pause icon) stops all the other players. You can gain a bunch of turbos if you sqeeze into that little pit area at the end of the lap but you'l be playing catch-up for the next lap. There are 8 mini games to unlock as you beat the circuits.

THeLL

Trophies
Website
www.acekard3ds.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
This game is actually fun
biggrin.gif
But at the start each opponent seems to go faster then me... Should I spam the A button to go faster or not?
Edit: I get it, I should be close to opponents!

D

Deleted User

I am so happy that these games have finally come out, they fit perfectly with a micro!

bryehn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I havent had any slowdowns at all. I use a G6 though. I love this game so much!

I've been playing it on my DS, PC, and on my XBOX to show people it's simple awesomeness.

Dialhex is pretty good too, love the music in these games, and can't wait for series 2 to come out in a couple weeks.

I'm actually gonna import Dotstream.

Jeda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You can "draft", that is gain speed if you're closer to a rival. R is the turbo, B is the brake, A is for items. A star icon allows you to pass through solid objects, the "frame advance" (which should actually be a pause icon) stops all the other players. You can gain a bunch of turbos if you sqeeze into that little pit area at the end of the lap but you'l be playing catch-up for the next lap. There are 8 mini games to unlock as you beat the circuits.

There is also a lightning item that destroys all solid blocks on the screen. The lower left number is your number of turboes AND your number of lifes. So it goes down if you tubro or lose a life. You lose a life if you hit a wall, so don't use your turboes too early easpecially on the later tracks, as it is 0 points for that track if you go below zero lifes.

For the same reason, you can use the pit area at the end of lap one to regain one or two lifes/turboes. You can stop the "refilling" progress by pressing b, if you don't want it to refill all the way up to 9. Good thing to do if you are down to 0 lifes.

On the indicator in the lower middle, the first one is your speed. I have no idea what the second one stands for.

VeggieH8R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

On the indicator in the lower middle, the first one is your speed. I have no idea what the second one stands for.

The second one is a draft meter. The longer you stay beside an rival line the larger it gets. When it exceeds the top bar BOTH start increasing along with your speed. It difficult to work with in the later levels since turning will decrease the meter.

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah OrR, I'm getting slowdowns too. Maybe you have to patch the game differently or something. I dunno. The other two Bit G games work fine though. I got a supercard SD.

CYatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nevermind, figured out....

Hardware + Software patch = instant crash...

Well i couldn't even get to choosing the settings for it. it'd give me an error as soon as i tried to open it. how did you get to patching it? are you using a beta gm? I'm just on regular 22.

EDIT: nevermind, anwsered my own question. doesn't have this problem in GM 22c

kingkong

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
um whats so great about this game?!....someone said you should stay close to the other lines and then you get faster? doesnt work for me... this game could fit on 50kb why is it 128 mbit?^^

i hope the other 2 are better.... and the next 4 coming in 2 weeks

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes, as I reported earlier, there are slowdowns on Supercard. (I'm using the CF version.) When it should be moving faster, it often begins to stutter. Not unplayable but quite anoying.
um whats so great about this game?!....someone said you should stay close to the other lines and then you get faster? doesnt work for me... this game could fit on 50kb why is it 128 mbit?^^

i hope the other 2 are better.... and the next 4 coming in 2 weeks
I think it's one of the best GBA titles released. It's shockingly simplistic at first but when you look closer, there is a lot of gameplay and content to it (for a 25$ game). It's definitely worth buying.
It is really a piece of art. A racing game reduced to moving right all the time. Still it has all the typical elements of a racing game: Steering (up and down in this case), obstacles, slowdowns, turbos, a turbo/lifemeter combination clearly stolen from F-Zero, laps, ... The end product is just as challenging as a "real" racer and has at least as much gameplay and content. The bonus mode further adds to the value because it plays quite different from the main game.
I'll say it again: dotstream is pure awesomeness.

The staying close to the other lines thing works. Look at the two bars at the botton. The thick one is your speed. The thin one is your staying-close-to-other-lines-meter. You have to stay close to others for quite some time without too much moving around in between to fill this. Once this rises above your speed, you will get faster. Not amazingly fast, just enough to catch up. It's only one of the many things you have to take care of, though. Moving up and down makes you fall back quite a bit, for example.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: