Nemo_DS

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Excuse me, the nfo says this game is 8 Mbits, even if the (U) ones was 32.
I suppose this is 8.Or not?
laugh.gif

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
It's may be 8 Mbit, but the physical minimum limit of a GBA cart is 32 Mbit, thet's why the No-intro team pads anything smaller than 32 Mbits with FFs.

shadow theory

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's somewhat interesting that many newspapers have been pulling Garfield, saying that the comic strip fails to be funny anymore.

Sadly, I had to concur, even juxtaposed to Family Circus, it failed to be any more funny. (I swear Family Circus has made a living off of anecdotes that wil make mothers go "aww" but have no actual punchline in theme.)

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game is decent. But nothing more than that.
It has some glitchs and basicly feels like some sorta cheap game maker fan game with no real programing what so ever besides the basic engine.

Better than the last one though, cuase they atleast tried this go around.

The last GBA game was jsut ripped graphics and random level design with a jump and an attack button and no real gameplay besides go forward.
Game sucked.

This one they have decent graphics, infact the graphics dont really fit the engine, the graphics make the rest of the game look bad cuase its the only real good part. (the full screen pictures dont count)

Theres a wall ram/smash move that DOESNT increase your speed strangly. You can kick stuff naturally, and theres even an elbow slam thrown in there.
Level design is alot more, well, done this time. It feels more like an old generic SNES title's blocky level design. So its atleast decent enough to stand.

There is a breif amount of story due to garfiel making a comment about the level at the begining. But there is really nothing else in there story wise. Makes ya wonder why they botherd adding it.

You collect food items to try and collect all one hundred of each level and find pooky.
Dont know if theres actually something to unlock by finding it all, but Im not gonna play the game again to find out.

When you die, you restart the whole level all over again, so it really feels like some sorta cheap fangame made in ClickNCreate or Multi Media Fusion, or Game maker or any of those game making apps out there.

Music is decent atleast. Has a nice sound to it, but makes ya wish they tried to make an actual score with it.
I dunno, I just like the instrument sounds they used xD

There are a few bosses, a bear, a big cat, and the ol fridge monster. Thats about it.
Ten levels in all, and only three bosses that are placed in fitting levels.
The fridge monster also takes a little skill and patience beleive it or not. Its like they were gonna have good ol platformer bosses with stradegies to follow, but then just thought theyd put a stradegy for the last boss, wich is really just a fridge that sits in the corner anyway, so that might explain why its differnt from the other two. Somehow.

I have a small video of it on my DS in wich the game glitch up while dying and the celeray and carrots kept on attacking him as the dying animation played over and over again. Garfield finally gets raped by evil attacking vegitables. Oh the horror!

Coudlnt recreate it on VBA and its really not all THAT funny anyway, so you can all image it
tongue.gif

You know, I should probly write up a proper review just to tell poeple that its crap but not complete crap.

As for the Garfield strips. I used to like them as I grew up, but they really need to redo it somehow. Garfield should be well in his thirties or so. A nermal or Oddie comic wouldnt be too bad to give the garfield thing a break. But with the movie and the whole thing making money and being owned in part by companies or whatever junk is going on with it. The author must be just trying to keep the old flare going as a new audience is brought in.
Still, Id love to see a spin off just for the heck of it. Something without all the famed garfield jokes.

And for crying out loud, Jon Arbuckle should have a girlfriend by now. Hes gotta be an old man by now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1