^^title-2354^^

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by TPi, Mar 23, 2006.

Mar 23, 2006

^^title-2354^^ by TPi at 1:49 AM (6,017 Views / 0 Likes) 39 replies

1. TPi
    OP

Former Staff TPi One Tired Raccoon

Canada
    ^^release-2354^^

2. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    ...what exactly is this game? Skyscraper Simulation....?

3. Kyoji

Member Kyoji ウッーウッーウマ

United States
    It's SimTower, man!
    Classic!

4. id242

Member id242 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    not to sound "distasteful", but is that the WTC/Twin-Towers in the background?

5. SomeGuyGG

Member SomeGuyGG GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I've been waiting for this game on gba in english for ages!!!

YES!

This game rules [​IMG]

5 star tower, here I come!

6. tshu

Member tshu On epic journey, brb.

Canada
    I don't understand why the twin towers themselves offend people so much..... why are we supposed to act as if they never existed or something and destroy every last bit of evidence of their images from everything.......

7. id242

Member id242 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    thats a good question [​IMG]

but silly Americans are funny, because they act like how you noted... although they (GWBush) choose the very same race of people (the Americans are "touchy" about) who flew airplanes into those towers, to protect their boat harbors... whatever.

8. roar

Newcomer roar Advanced Member

Canada
    I'm not sure 'offended' is the right word to use why people are careful when and how the two towers are portrayed and to call americans 'silly' for being sensitive to something that means a lot to them symbolically is a little insensitive imo too. Some people are take offense to cartoons of their religion and some are sensitive to symbols of their country being exploited or used inappropriately, passing judgment on them for their beliefs never help the cause.

9. tshu

Member tshu On epic journey, brb.

Canada
    I understand what you are saying, but there have been many cases in which the twin towers were censored out of an image/movie for no reason other than they were just there. It's not like the towers are getting blown up in the images or anything. Many people get offended when someone mentions the twin towers, yet they have no problems crossing the street when they come across an individual who "looks like a terrorist"... dah, let's get back on topic anyhow.

This game is fun. [​IMG]

10. Javitud

Newcomer Javitud Member

United States
    amen. im so glad this game is finally out in english. its the only game that will tear me away from metroid hunters from time to time...

11. clark2k

Member clark2k GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    This is "THA" GBA Games I was waiting for!! [​IMG]

12. The Worst

Banned The Worst Banned

United States
    part of the game is that you have to protect your tower from getting bombed. Better keep an eye on all those arab tennants, and watch out for hippies also.

13. Ranma13

Newcomer Ranma13 Member

United States
    The WTC is symbolic of the 9/11 terrorist attack. Rightfully, this symbol should not be flaunted around because it is a symbol of terrorism. Much like I wouldn't drape a Nazi insignia on the front of my house (unless I was using the swastika instead of the Nazi symbol which is a swastika inside a white circle on a red background), I also wouldn't put a picture of the WTC.

However, the silly thing is that people are taking things way too overboard. I remember Starbucks running a commercial once that depicted two drinks sitting side by side on a short grass field. It ran for a few months but one person complained that it reminded him of 9/11, and Starbucks took it down shortly afterwards. Things like this are just ridiculous. It's like saying that we should tear down every structure, remove every picture, and destroy every image of two tall objects amongst a bunch of shorter ones.

14. OrR

Member OrR Rice-megatron Expert

Germany
  15. id242

Member id242 GBAtemp Fan

United States
  16. Dirtie

Former Staff Dirtie :'D

New Zealand
    I don't see how you can make that comparison. The WTC did not symbolise terrorism, it was a workplace and an icon of a lot of things, all of which were positive. The Swastika on the other hand symbolized the hatred, etc. of the Nazis.

17. Eruonen

Member Eruonen GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Wikipedia.

It's got something to do with peace in India, I believe

18. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    I think this game is great, very impressed at the depth of it for a GBA game.

19. scootdog

Newcomer scootdog Member

United States
    Sorry for the off topic, but this "silly" "touchy" American thinks they should show those planes flying into the towers more often so people don't forget about 9/11 and the wackos who will kill you if you don't follow their religion.

Thats why that "race of people" was not "chosen" to protect our ports. They bought out a british port security company and were stopped by pressure from our congressmen into selling the company to an american firm.

I don't have anything against people of various faiths and nationalities just idiots like you who don't have a clue what your talking about. Your a jackass and if you said that in front of me I would stomp a mudhole in your ass and walk it dry. Asshole [​IMG]

20. id242

Member id242 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    ...and lets all not forget about what happened December 7, 1941 at Pearl Harbor every time an image of a ship gets broadcast on the television. Does this mean that all of us Americans need to go back to hating every single Japanese now?

And also there was the Vietnam War from 1957-1975 where over 58,000 American were KILLED... lets all hate on Jungles now.

Also there was a Spanish American War in 1898, those Spaniards really didnt know who they were messing with, did they!

What about the Civil War, were it was RED vs BLUE... North vs South... America! Over 562,000 people died in that feud.

My point is that over the past 200 years, millions of Americans have been killed - and American remains strong, and gets over "it". If you always look in the past and force political junk down everyone's throat, what good are you really doing? Grow-up. Put on some Big-Boy-Pants and move on.

...unless you want to keep talking about US's Black Slavery for another 100 years... awe heck, why stop at 100 years when we could go on about how horrible white people are for the next 500 years.