Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The first ????? do they want to bringt out all 4 that are out now in correct order ? and not do it like with pokemon stadium ?? that would be bad ...
But Pokemon was released at the same time(if not very close) in both Japan and USA, but Naruto has been on air since 2002 in Japan.. If they release the 4th game in English now, people won't know any of the characters because it just started in USA.. They're kinda doing the right thing.. I'm happy that they released this one because I hate to play Japanese games since I don't understand a thing (They don't have sound in the game so its not a big deal)

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Crappy game IMO, but hopefully the other 2 are translated.

I'm gonna see if can modify the Naruto Clash of Ninja Gamecube ISO to use the Jap voices
smile.gif

Zantagor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
actually, Jump Superstars are based on the MANGAS, not the animes, and last time I checked, all of them were spread between 2 publishers.

Viz Manga, and Tokyo Pop Manga.

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
My opinion of this game:

1. Start with Dragonball Advanced Adventure
2. Replace the characters with Naruto characters
3. Remove everything that made DBAA fun.
Voila! You have Naruto Ninja Council!

Anyway, some info on the game:
Story mode doesn't really follow the manga stories. You basically play through several platforming stages one at a time, killing other ninja (trainers? rival village ninja? i dunno) collecting leaf village icons (to unlock pictures...."yay?"), and collecting throwing weapons and elemental jutsu scrolls (fire, water, wind, earth, lightning). The game only allows you to keep one throwing weapon at a time, same with elemental jutsus. Elemental jutsus are used to fight your enemies and clear obstacles in the stages.
Each character also has 6 unique jutsus plus 2 more that can be unlocked by finding a hidden scroll. For example, Naruto has his shadow clone and sexy jutsus, while Sasuke has his fireball justu.
At the end of each stage, you'll fight a ninja boss that also has their own unique jutsus and life bar, all of which are taken from series, but not given any background information or backstory. However, Kakashi will give you a small bit of info before each battle to help you out.
Free mode bascally lets you go back and play previous stages. Visual mode is where your unlocked pictures appear.

Overall, being a slight fan of the anime, I found the first round of the game entertaining (played story mode once with Naruto, then tried to play again with Sasuke and got bored quickly), but I won't be playing it again anytime soon.
The unlockables (recycled story modes, images gallery, and sound test) just aren't enough to give it any appealing replay value.

LOLSPOILER
The unlockable character is Kakashi

Suzaku X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's an okay game. It came out in Japan in I think 2003, as Naruto: Saikyou Daikeshu, while the anime was still a bit young. It's graphically inferior to the two sequels in nearly every way, but all three of the games are really mediocre. In fact, all of the GBA/DS Naruto games are sub-par, except for perhaps Konoha Senkii, a Tactics RPG.

The sequel follows the exact same plot, as well, with just more story added at the end. The only real reason why they would release this over the sequel is to avoid spoiling the English players before the anime reaches that far.

It's a decent platformer, though, despite being really easy. It might last you a couple days if you want to try and get everything. It also rewards the player for having knowledge of the series, meaning that if you use the proper techniques on some of the bosses, you can will replicate what happened in the anime and defeat them almost instantly.

Realistically - if you are a fan of Naruto, want to play the games in English, or don't want to get spoiled with stuff from farther than the dub -- this might be the game for you.

Dirtie

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Pfft, the anime is inferior to the manga anyway. But then again, I quite enjoy reading rather than watching. It might have something to do with the fact I read quite fast, so I don't have to sit through all those slow, slow episodes (I do anyway, when I get the time
tongue.gif
).

Jei

Translator and romhacker wannabe
Trophies
Website
space.offgamers.com
XP
Country
Brazil
The pace for the game is pretty fast, controls are easy, that's what makes it fun for me, also I like the graphics being that colored, because I generally tend to not like much washed-away colors. Plus: that sound engine that reminds me of older generation games - catchy music - that adds to the game for me (then again, it might be different for others, and a real turn down in some cases
nyanya.gif
).

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im surprised no one mentioned anything about the sound quality.
The Japanese game had lots of crackling and what not, plus the music was all cheap NES like. (not saying NES music is cheap, jsut that it sounds like a chea NES game with horrible music that trys to be good)
They improve the music and sound at all? Or is it just a simple translation with things cut out?
I remember that one the first boss if you finish that one guy with the Sexy Ninjitsu then he'll fall back wit ha bloody nose and junk.
Like the anime Id imagen that they took the blood out and added flowers >.>
Though that was more funny in Alien Hominid when ya turn the gore off xD

I have to say that this is a devent platformer and I do like the pace of it alot. Though the level desgin is kinda weird at some points like the DS game. Honestly I liked the second GBA game best besides the really terrible music x-x;

Dirtie

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat